Thread: Goodbye

Goodbye

Goodbye all,

This forum used to be a very helpful community. It is not anymore. I post a topic about lifting the encryption from my SSD so that I can do a fresh install of Kali and I get a response telling me that, one this is not a Kali topic and is a general Linux topic. NO, this happened on an install of Kali, therefore it IS Kali related. That aside, the next thing said was that I should not be using Kali if I have no working knowledge of Linux. That right there was the kicker. I have built custom linux builds, with the help of members of this very community. I work as a system administrator, and I use Kali on my personal laptop on a daily basis. So thanks for jumping to conclusions without doing ANY digging whatsoever.

Oh, and don't worry, I solved my own issue as I have done a lot as of late because people are not as helpful as they used to be. So, goodbye. I see no reason to remain a part of a community that doesn't even try to help it's users anymore. It's sad that today's course of action is to delete a post and call them a n00b rather than ask even one follow up question to see if it is indeed relevant.

@Maiki, perhaps you need to brush up on how to be a more professional sounding, and helpful Admin as you come across as very unprofessional. You jumped to conclusions that I could have easily answered for you, and you offered no advice on the topic. And as such, I cannot post my fix to help others with this issue. This community used to be one of users helping other users, but I guess those days are long gone.

Captain Redbeard has left the building. *Mic drop*

Hey Captain Redbeard,

Sorry to hear about your experience, but you may have jumped to conclusions a bit too early. I haven't seen your original post, but your question DOES sound generic, and general to Linux, and you probably would have better been served looking for your answers in a more linux centric community.

What i find funny about your post, is that you found the time to make a post about how unhelpful this community is, yet it seems like you didn't even post the solution to your issue. This makes you just as unhelpful as the community you are complaining about. At the end of the day, a community is as good as its active members.

Muts,

One, where would I post said solution? My post was deleted. Two, I would gladly share my solution with anyone that was interested. That is what separates me from this community, I am actually out to help people solve their solutions. This used to be a place that you could ask these types of questions and receive at the very least alternate places to look. Jumping straight to the delete post option and posting some generic responses stating that this community discourages and does not support people who have no working knowledge of Kali is rather insulting, especially when this isn't my first rodeo. When Kali Rolling came out, I knew that it was going to come with challenges and this is the place that I would normally turn to. But it seems that these days this community would rather default to the delete button.

What I find entertaining is that this is the fastest that I have received a reply in a VERY long time. Apparently all you need to do to get some attention around here is point out how far down-hill this community has become. But again, I will gladly share that solution with you or anyone else if they are interested. I just wont be posting it here so that I can watch it get deleted again.

It's sad to see the professional leaving the community. The solution to your problem might have been not known to other users. There were moments in the past when a poster found out the solution before any other person did. In such cases I would rather help guest users by modifying the question for How to sub-forum. There are lot of guest users who are online more than active users. They are the one who seek for help so You should be the one to provide solutions to them instead of messaging a specific forum member.

Community needs professional answers so if you leave ,your contribution here will be wasted. Soon 1st 2017 kali image will be released and there will be new challenges.
    Last edited by _defalt; 2017-01-27 at 05:27.