Thread: Wifi Card Issue That I don't understand

Wifi Card Issue That I don't understand

I have kali Linux installed on a virtual machine. This is a fresh install. Then I ran the apt-get update and upgrade commands. I have to wifi cards one is a panda wireless and one is a alpha. They both show up in airmon-ng as a ralink rt2800 card. The issue is for the alpha card when I run an airodump I do not see any other networks at all actually. For the panda one I do and everything works perfectly. However if I run wifite OR I run nmap -sP the card basically doesn't see any other devices connected to the network and disconnects from the wifi all together. Then it does not see any other wifi network until I put it in a different USB port. The other strange thing if I use etter it sees some devices sometimes sometimes not and when it does and I do arp poisoning on the target device the internet just stops working altogether. Also if I keep trying to scan for hosts on etter same thing happens the card stops working altogether and disconnects from the wifi network. I don't understand what is going on why aren't both working properly. I tried a third tp-link one and faced the same issues. I even tried a different computer altogether the same thing happened. Could this be some sort of driver issue and if so how can I get this fixed. This is extremely frustrating because I bought the alpha card thinking I had a problem with the panda one but it's even worse I can't do anything with that one. It almost never sees other wifi networks. Please help.

This one should be the answer for you: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...Wireless-Cards

It seems like the compatibility issue, but can you specify the names of 2 wireless cards? I don't understand the "panda wireless and one is a alpha..."