Thread: Problem with USB persistence. No errors

Problem with USB persistence. No errors

Hi,

I am new to linux and and I am currently reading a few books trying to learn the basics but I'm still very new to it.

I have successfully installed Kali on a USB drive by following this tutorial : http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how...ional-0162253/

Every step went well, the only problem I have is I can't get the USB persistence to work.

I got no errors while following the tutorial and went through every step successfully.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!

Sorry to say, this is a hopeless post. How do you expect anyone to help if you can't even describe your problem? "It doesn't work" doesn't give us much to work with.

I recommend you try to follow official resources for persistence (docs.kali.org/downloading/kali-linux-live-usb-persistence), and if you do not have the proper pre-requisites to understand what's going on, spend some more time learning Linux before attempting again.

If all else fails, try joining our IRC channel and get some live help.

I actually managed to make it work by using a ext3 partition instead of a ext4 and then following the documentation here..