Thread: Can't Install w3af on Kali Linux

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can't Install w3af on Kali Linux

Good day,
    first of all i want to apolgies myself if i won't wrote the right english language and if this isn't the right thread for this case. If this isn't the right thread i hope someone will tell me where is the right one because i didn't found it. Thanks!

I tried to use w3af on kali linux but every time it freezes and just stops going.

So i tried to upgrade it. Nothing changed.

Then i decided to remove it and try to install it again.

I did everything i found on http://docs.w3af.org/en , from install to update.

I'll attach here what happens if i try the standard installation. Standard Installation w3af.txt.zip (i did a zip because i don't know why firefox doesn't allowed me to upload a text file)

(I upgraded python-pip and kali to the latest version)

I choose to do this install because if you try to do the kali linux install procedure you'll see that the terminal will show you a message containing something like "w3af is not avaiable but is been noticed in another..." something like that, i don't remember.

Please help me or give me some advice, even about how this terminal works.
    I got this OS from 2 days, i always used Windows so is a little particular to understand.

Thanks, Max

////UPDATE////

Thanks for answer me, i'll put here some info there are needed to follow the rules:

Kali Linux 64 bit version 2016.2, i've done the full-upgrade right now (i don't know if this may help you).

You can check the error i got in the txt zip attachment (is like 30 kb that is why is zipped, the system doesn't allow me to upload more then 19,5kb)

It doesn't allow me to put the string error, the forum says that i'm trying to exploit something.

However, hope this will help to help me !

Thanks !

I installed something, actually a lot of things that i found on the other people issues.
    I finally got this error during the installation:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/pip", line 9, in <module>
    from pip import main
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
    from pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions import DependencyWarning
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/__init__.py", line 64, in <module>
    vendored("cachecontrol")
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/__init__.py", line 36, in vendored
    __import__(modulename, globals(), locals(), level=0)
    File "/usr/share/python-wheels/CacheControl-0.11.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl/cachecontrol/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
    File "/usr/share/python-wheels/CacheControl-0.11.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl/cachecontrol/wrapper.py", line 1, in <module>
    File "/usr/share/python-wheels/CacheControl-0.11.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl/cachecontrol/adapter.py", line 4, in <module>
    File "/usr/share/python-wheels/requests-2.12.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl/requests/__init__.py", line 52, in <module>
    File "/usr/share/python-wheels/requests-2.12.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 59, in <module>
    File "/usr/share/python-wheels/requests-2.12.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 32, in vendored
    File "/usr/share/python-wheels/urllib3-1.19.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 47, in <module>
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 118, in <module>
    SSL_ST_INIT = _lib.SSL_ST_INIT
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SSL_ST_INIT'

And you can see on this https://github.com/MobSF/Mobile-Secu...bSF/issues/293
    that is fixed but i can't understand how to do it.

Thanks again !
    Last edited by Pentium077; 2017-02-07 at 00:09.