Hi.

I am having problem keeping the volume enabled. After boot, I go to the All Settings/Sound, the Volume is grayed out.

Here’s what I've tried:
1. Enter command “systemctl --user enable pulseaudio && systemctl --user start pulseaudio” The command line returns null, waiting for the next command. Note: This command worked for me until recently. I suspect something happen with my pulseauito install.

2. Opened alsamixer. Did not see any channels muted. Status is “00”. Note: Not sure if I am also using alsa.

3. Replaced daemonize to = yes in the etc dir. Reboot. Volume remained grayed out.

4. Entered pulseaudio -D as a user. Message returned Daemon startup failed.
Put pulseaudio -D in bashrc script (see below). Worked initially. Now volume is grayed out.

if ! shopt -oq posix; then
if [ -f /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion ]; then
. /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion
elif [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
. /etc/bash_completion
fi
pulseaudio -D
fi”

5. Tried the following 2 pulseaudio commands (see below). First as a root. Message states cannot run as a root user.
Than as a User. Message states
Kill: Failed to kill daemon: No such file or directory
Start:Failed to acquire autospawn lock

pulseaudio –kill
pulseaudio --start

The only option(so far) that enables the volume(for me) is to Rename file “Pulse” in the Config folder to Pulse.old or just delete Pulse, then reboot.

Pulse file recreates itself. The above has to be done before I logoff if I want root to have volume enabled on the next boot.
This doesn’t help logging into Chrome with a user-id(no sound).

Any other options I could try?

Thanks.
J