Thread: Kali Linux Wifi Not Working

Kali Linux Wifi Not Working

I have recently successfully installed dual-boot Kali Linux on my MacBook Air 13' Early 2015. But I found that my Wifi is not working. There's No interface shown. I searched the web and found a thing called compact wireless. After following that instructions, my 2 built-in wifi interfaces have shown up (one for 2.4G and the other for 5G) . But they are actually not working -- they can't scan for APs nether projecting as APs. Tried airmon-ng and airodump-ng on them but they just did not work.The model of my card is "Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible". Can anyone please advice me what to do? Or does anyone know some external USB dual band or 5GHz wifi cards that are compatible with Kali so I can purchase? Thanks So much!

My dmesg information:
    3.470714] bcma: Unsupported SPROM revision: 11
    [ 3.470720] bcma: bus0: Invalid SPROM read from the PCIe card, trying to use fallback SPROM
    [ 3.470722] bcma: bus0: Using fallback SPROM failed (err -2)
    [ 3.470723] bcma: bus0: No SPROM available
    [ 3.473354] ACPI: Smart Battery System [SBS0]: Battery Slot [BAT0] (battery present)
    [ 3.474219] bcma: bus0: Bus registered

Don't install compat wireless. It is an older version. The latest version is renamed as backports. You don't have to install backports either. Backports are required to provide compatibility for older kernel versions. Latest running kernels in kali-linux don't need such things.

Show the output of rfkill list all.