Thread: Issue after dist-upgrade on live usb mac book pro retina 2015

Issue after dist-upgrade on live usb mac book pro retina 2015

Hi all,

I have been using a live usb with Kali rolling on my macbook pro retina 2015 without any problem since many months.

A few days ago, I decided to update it (bad idea!). Since there, the boot is stuck with a wifi driver problem and I don't know how to solve that.

Code:
    brcmf_cfg80211_reg_notifier: not a ISO3166 code (0x30 0x30)
    I was using a 16gb live usb stick with persistence on an 7gb ext2 partition with 2016.2 version without any problem on mac book retina 2015.

Thanks for your help, I did not see anything usable to solve my on google except perhaps on removing the drivers before the upgrade and installing a correct version afterwards?

Code:
    apt-get remove broadcom-sta-dkms

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
    TIA

Chris

Kali-linux freezes during boot? When grub menu screen is shown Press e to enter grub parameter configuration screen. Somewhere you'll find a word quiet (3rd last line). Replace it with nomodeset quiet splash.

Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    Kali-linux freezes during boot? When grub menu screen is shown Press e to enter grub parameter configuration screen. Somewhere you'll find a word quiet (3rd last line). Replace it with nomodeset quiet splash.
    I created my live usb with Mac Linux USB Loader and therefore boot via enterprise 0.3.2; it does not seem that I can have access to this option?

Meanwhile, I tried to create another live usb stick with the weekly build iso. I performed then "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" with success. I have the same error message during the boot but with no freezing anymore.

I tried then with another stick the process from 2016.2 to the latest version and had exactly the same freezing.

My advice for the macbook pro retina users is to use the weekly build iso image to upgrade.