Thread: Problem after apt-get dist-upgrade on kali 4.6.0

Problem after apt-get dist-upgrade on kali 4.6.0

Hi guys!

First, thanks to all of you who gonna try to help me!

1° my config:

MB msi Z170A gaming pro carbon
    CPU intel i5 6600K
    RAM 2x8go DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16
    GC MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X
    SSD 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (windows 10 system)
    HDD 1000GB WD Blue WD10EZEX 64MB (where I installed Kali linux 2016 .2 64bit)
    PSU Corsair RM850i Modular 80+ Gold

2° How I installed my setup:

I installed win10 64 bit on the SSD (gaming computer...), UEFI mode.
    I finaly succeed to install Kali Linux 2016.2 (kernel 4.6.0) in normal mode while I unplugged my SSD (to be sure to don't screw my win10 install...) Want to use the boot menu to acces to Kali.

3° My problem:

After installation of Kali, I am booting on it without problem. Then, I want to update the system with the command: " apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y " (my goal is to install the nvidia kernel to play with cuda etc...)
    Then everything's fine, upgrade finish, I check the version with uname -r and I am still in 4.6.0... normal i didnt reboot!

I reboot, and after the kali screen where we have the choice between Kali and the advanced option, the boot is stuck with problem like this (on the photo).

prob linux.jpg

prob linux2.jpg

I tried to reinstall but all the time the same problem... with some change like CPU#1 or CPU#2 or CPU#3 etc... but all the time this NMI WATCHDOG Bug ...

Good point is that I still can boot on Kali 4.6.0 when I use the advanced options.

I searched on many website, forum and can't find a proper solution... I really need to run the lastest version of the kernel otherwise I can't use my graphic card...

I still searching but losing faith... HELP

Thanks to you readers and helpers!

Flo
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-02-09 at 11:34. Reason: Foul Language

Ok I fixed the problem... like usual, the problem what situated between my screen and my chair... I did'nt change my display cable from igd to DP because someone told me it will not work until I use my CG with drivers...
    Whatever, I boot on Kali 4.9.0 and It's working EXCEPT that my mouse cursor is stuck in the high left corner! And It's funny because I can play with the invisible mouse... right clic open contextuel menu etc... any help will be welcome!
    Thanks

Flo