I'v followed almost every tutorial on the internet but I don't seem to be able to get the vbox guest additions to work.
I did everything that I needed: added a repository to sources.list (rolling), updated it, upgraded it and did a dist-upgrade as well.
after that, I'v tried both: apt-get install virtualbox-guest-x11 and apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) + adding the .iso file from the devices section and installing the .run file. tried both of these on 2 different computers, and I got the SAME error again and again, trying to install it plenty of times. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

after I did each installation, I rebooted the machines and on the boot up I got the Error: [FAILED] Failed to start LSB: VirtualBox Linux/Guest Additions. see 'systemctl status virtualbox-utils.service' for detailes. then the system goes into the 'log-in' menu.

I'v tried these on kali linux version 1.1 as well as 2016.2 and got the same results.

I really need detailed help with what to do to fix this issue. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!