Thread: Encrypting Log files

Mikey Guest

Cool Encrypting Log files

Kali Linux 2.0
    Raspberry Pi

I wanted to know if I can encrypt my log files on my Kali installation. I always worry that someone will steel what ever I've hidden my R/P in and once found someone could hand it in to the Authorities, who would then discover who it belongs to.

Rather than this happening I'd like to hide who logged into the machine by encrypting the log files. It did occur to me to turn these files off, but should anything else go wrong with the program, I wont know if I turn off the log files.

Thanks a lot .

While I'm not familiar with the Raspberry Pi, it sounds like you need to do the encrypted install using LVM and LUKS. You can find detailed directions over at docs.kali.org

Mikey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    While I'm not familiar with the Raspberry Pi, it sounds like you need to do the encrypted install using LVM and LUKS. You can find detailed directions over at docs.kali.org
    Hello Grid
    Thanks for the reply. (The only one) I hadn't heard of LVM & LUKS you mentioned, but thanks for the link. I'll head over there now and see if I can't sort this out.

No problem...details are there, but in a nutshell: LVM handles the encryption, and LUKS lets you set up Kali with a self destruct.