Good day,

I'm trying to get bumblebee installed in my kali system with nvidia so that it makes use of nvidia optimus.
I'm currently following this guide: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...nabled-Laptops

When I get to the part where I have to do:
Code:
optirun glxspheres64
First it tells me that bumblebee daemon is not running so I guess I'll have to start the daemon in a startup script on system boot or something. Anyways, I run
Code:
service bumblebeed start
and that fixes it.

Although when I run the optirun command I'm getting the following in my terminal:
Code:
[  140.536761] [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
[  140.536797] [ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled.
Now I did try to install the proprietary version of the nvidia driver before but that gave me major headaches, for example xrandr not finding the display.
Xorg not starting etc... So I removed the nvidia proprietary drivers with the nvidia-cleanup-tool, did a
Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge nvidia*
and afterwards reinstalled both xorg and gnome, reverting to the nouvaeu driver. Which worked.

Now that my system is working I want to try installing bumblebee, because I understand now that my integrated intel graphics card needs to work together with my dedicated graphics card in order to work properly.

So what I assume is going on is that I accidentally (or purposefully) removed the nvidia drivers and would need to reinstall them again in order to make it work.
I would like to install the nvidia drivers from the repo's (which hopefully doesn't alter my xorg.conf in any way because that's working correctly now).

I did a
Code:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms
. Which showed me it was already installed.
Does anyone know exactly which packages they are that I need to install?

I get a huge amount of output when I do:
Code:
sudo apt-file find nvidia
so I'm not quite sure which packages to install.