Thread: Secure Boot to Custom Boot

Secure Boot to Custom Boot

So I've ran into a problem trying to run Kali Linux on my Alienware 17R3. When trying to boot from USB it gives me security boot violation. Well as I log into my bios and try to disable my secure boot, theres no option to "Disable" only Standard and Manual. On manual mode It gives me security keys and to be honest, I have no idea what Im looking at. What is it that I need to do to boot to USB?

Secure BOOT is a feature of UEFI and not BIOS. BIOS are no longer used. When you open UEFI settings>Security there is an option to disable Legacy BIOS in case it is enabled. Can you show the screenshot?

I will definently screenshot that for you! BIOS is no longer used? haha I feel like an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by T0xicPilot View Post
    I will definently screenshot that for you! BIOS is no longer used? haha I feel like an idiot!
    BIOS is older firmware for PCs which is no longer used. UEFI has replaced BIOS and today every PC is shipped with new UEFI firmware. People still call it BIOS but it's not. They have big differences and UEFI is more advanced. If your PC has BIOS then your partition type must be MBR and if it has UEFI then your partition type must be GPT. Knowing these differences makes a great deal how you install kali. BIOS doesn't support GPT and Secure BOOT.
    Last edited by _defalt; 2017-03-01 at 20:51.