I too am experiencing this after returning from a trip. Most of the suggestions I have seen on the internet try to pin it to DNS, however I can confirm:
1. I can ping the address listed
2. Google's DNS server are set in my resolv.conf
3. after waiting a few hours to see if it was a DNS propagation issue the problem persists
4. the sources.list are consistent with those noted on the official kali blog
5. I have tried multiple networks with no change
Please let me know if you can think of anything else to test I'd like to understand what the problem is in this case.