Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: airgeddon, a multi-use bash script for Linux systems to audit wireless networks

Hi @ea1kt, what are you talking about exactly? which attack with 4 windows? what you are describing are not windows are the order of the actions to take. You can do your own action order choosing options on menus. What you want can be done doing that actions in the precise order.

@cold iron, what you mean with "mode where it's looking for sites to use" ?? Do you mean standard airodump-ng scanning? ok, airgeddon is using airodump-ng, so using it without using airgeddon is exactly the same. The power of your card is the same and that is not related to airgeddon. The unique difference using airgeddon's airodump-ng is that airgeddon is filtering out the unneeded networks depending of the menu on which you are launching it. For example, if you are on the WEP menu, on the scan only WEP networks will appear. If you are on Handshake capturing menu, only WPA/WPA2 networks will appear, etc. This may cause that inside airgeddon the results of the scan are less but is not true. They are the same but they are filtered in order to be useful.

Cheers!

Hi, well I see a big difference between the to client screens, a lot less in the wpa screen and all them are missing are very close which seems odd. The close ones should show better.
    Great program I must say, thanks

@cold iron

Quote Originally Posted by cold iron View Post
    Hi, well I see a big difference between the to client screens, a lot less in the wpa screen and all them are missing are very close which seems odd. The close ones should show better.
    Great program I must say, thanks
    I don?t quite understand your msg. but let me say @V1s1t0r?s answer is right. I did?t know the scans were filtered as he explains in his answer to @cold iron. Now everything makes sense, and after reading carefully every option in airgeddon one can see there is more in the program than meets the eye at first sight.

Cheers and beers.

Hi ea1kt..... I like the router part of the program, but the search for clients part picks up a lot less bbsid then the handshake one. That was what I was trying to say. Also the clients closes to me do not show up at all in the router search which seems odd but do in the hand shake window. Just wondering why.

Hi @v1s1t0r, i've stup airgeddon ona RPi3+ with Kali and testedit with an external wireless adapter: working OK.
    If I use the internal card, when exploring for targets I get the following error msg:
    Interface wlan0 selected. Mode: Monitor. Supported bands: 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz
    Selected BSSID: E2:41:36:253:00
    Selected channel: 6
    Selected ESSID: MOVISTAR_D300
    Type of encryption: WPA2

Select an option from menu:
    ---------
    0. Return to main menu
    1. Select another network interface
    2. Put interface in monitor mode
    3. Put interface in managed mode
    4. Explore for targets (monitor mode needed)
    ------------ (monitor mode needed for capturing) -------------
    5. Capture Handshake
    ---------
    6. Clean/optimize Handshake file
    ---------
    *Hint* The natural order to proceed in this menu is usually: 1-Select wifi card 2-Put it in monitor mode 3-Select target network 4-Capture Handshake
    ---------
    > 4

**************************** Exploring for targets *****************************
    Exploring for targets option chosen (monitor mode needed)

Selected interface wlan0 is in monitor mode. Exploration can be performed

WPA/WPA2 filter enabled in scan. When started, press [Ctrl+C] to stop...
    Press [Enter] key to continue...
    airgeddon.sh: line 11619: /tmp/nws-01.csv: No such file or directory

(I get this same error with two different RPi's with different sd-cards). The internal card supports monitor mode and injection: working OK with the aircrack suite.
    In the /temp folder there is a nws.csv file but no nws-01.csv file. Please, how can I tackle this?

@ea1kt that error is probably caused because it is trying to launch an xterm window and it seems you don't have a X windows system to connect to.

For that headless systems you can use tmux instead of xterm just modifying the AIRGEDDON_WINDOWS_HANDLING and setting it to "tmux" in .airgeddonrc options file. You can do it also from the options menu inside the application.

If you have a X windows system up and running and you are still getting that error using xterm, maybe you need to fix some kind of problem to access to it. Usually a simple xhosts + command do the trick.

v9.23 released . This release is a minor release. No major changes, just small fixes.

I don't want to spoil too much yet, but we are working in a new version (v10.0) with a major change. We are trying to create a plugins system on which the users will be able to perform custom modifications and will be able to develop easily some modifications to airgeddon. I'll give more details when it gets a more mature stage.

Cheers!

Hi, we are working hard on the next version. We are creating a plugins system! in order to let the community to create their own airgeddon customizations. It is ambitious but if finally we are able to do it, it will be awesome! Here is a link where we explain everything related to this with more detail: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon/issues/308

We also created a Discord channel in order to help to the users. Here is the public invitation link: https://discord.gg/sQ9dgt9

Regards

Done!! new v10.0 airgeddon version with plugins system and other minor improvements was released!!

Changelog:

v10.0
    - Added plugins system
    - Added example plugin: Missing dependencies auto-installation for some distros (Kali, Parrot, BlackArch)
    - Improvements for Evil Twin on captive portal detection for newer devices
    - Missing 5GHz channels added
    - Github pull request template added and issue templates updated
    - Fixed error on hex2ascii conversion for some WEP passwords
    Now the community will be able to develop their own airgeddon customizations easily... thanks to the function hooking system (prehook, override and posthook), we can choose the function we want to interact to and easily perform the needded modifications. More info at links:
    https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/air...ugins%20System
    https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/air...%20Development

We also created a new wiki section "Plugins Hall of Fame" https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/air...ll%20of%20Fame where we will place external links to awesome plugins developed by the community.

Now the limits are only set by your imagination

Regards!

Having a problem when putting a device into monitor mode:
    Code:
    Interface wlan1 selected. Mode: Managed. Supported bands: 2.4GHz, 5GHz

Select an option from menu:
    I select option 2 to put into monitor mode.
    Now, I get:
    Code:
    The inteface changed it's name while setting in monitor mode. Autoselected

Monitor mode now is set on enabled
    Press any key to continue...

Interface enabled selected. Mode: (Non wifi card)
    The interface name is not called "enabled", and it IS a wifi card.

This is occurring on a bare metal install (not a virtual machine) of Kali 2019.4, with all packages installed and up to date. By the way, the interface name has NOT changed, according to ifconfig. It is still wlan1 after being put into monitor mode!

My card is an alfa AWUS036ACH with official aircrack-ng dkms driver loaded.

What is going on?

Hi, I can say that the problems you are experiencing are problems of the driver because they are printing a very different output on iwconfig commands than the rest of the drivers for the rest of the cards.

So, all the Realtek chipsets RTL88xx like yours (RTL8812AU) are having problems using airgeddon due this different output. Anyway, don't worry! there are some workarounds for you:

Since the airgeddon v10.0 was released, there is a new awesome feature, a plugins system. Now users can develop their own custom stuff. More info here: airgeddon Plugins System. What is this useful for these kind of cards? because there is a plugin to handle that awful different behavior. You can find it here.

So using the plugin, you can work safely using that cards in airgeddon.

Anyway, check the list of the recommended and whitelisted cards: airgeddon Compatible Cards

For the next v10.01 airgeddon will have removed use of ifconfig and iwconfig commands (they are deprecated). Instead, ip and iw commands are used... so for v10.01 the plugin will be no needed and you'll be able to use your card directly with airgeddon without any plugin because the problems were caused by the use of iwconfig. v10.01 is already developed but not released yet (just waiting for some translations before releasing it). If you want to use it now you can do a git clone of the "dev" branch: git clone -b dev https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon

Enjoy!

Installed the new Kali and trying to install Airgaddon's missing tools. But I keep getting "unable to locate package" I am using the same command as before but not working.
    I know this may be a dumb question, sorry.

In first place, if you are using airgeddon v10.0 which already has the plugins system, there is a buitin plugin which will install the missing dependencies for you if they are missing. So do a git clone, launch it and follow the instructions on the screen, that's all you need.

Anyway, if you want to install them manually, of course you can, but you need to know how to do it... which dependency are you missing? which command are you launching to try to install it? please be more specific! otherwise is impossible to help you. It's important to be concrete to ask something.

I'm having problems exploring targets for WPS and would like to know which network adapters are working 100%. I have one TL-WN722N and one AWUS036NEH.
    One of them was working(to scan) this morning but now i cant get any of them to work. I can enable monitor mode and do the other scans.

Read the airgeddon wiki for that: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/air...and%20Chipsets

Panda cards are cheap and easy to find on ebay, amazon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by v1s1t0r View Post
    Read the airgeddon wiki for that: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/air...and%20Chipsets

Panda cards are cheap and easy to find on ebay, amazon, etc.
    Thanks for the replay, but what I need to download is via the hardwire web which is over 100mps. For some odd reason, Kali can not find the package to download. But I can go to the url address and see it.!!

Not sure what are you referring to. airgeddon is not available (yet) at Kali repos. To install airgeddon on Kali you can do the common git clone method or install the available .deb package from the github.

Yes. I have airgeddon install, but missing some of the tools like 8 or so. When I try to download them I get that message "can not find package" or something like that. Github has all the files, I can search and find them but for some reason, kali can't.!!

Kali has all the packages needed on their repos. Please, post here the packages you are missing. Probably you are doing something wrong. For example... if you read something like this:

wash .... Ok
    openssl .... Ok
    dhcpd .... Error (Possible package name : isc-dhcp-server / dhcp-server / dhcp)
    reaver .... Ok

That means that you are missing the command dhcpd, but the name of the package is not dhcpd. It is "isc-dhcp-server" or "dhcp-server" or "dhcp", it depends of your linux distribution. For Kali, Parrot and Debian based distros you should perform to fix this: "apt install isc-dhcp-server".

Paste here your problem and what you are missing.

By the way, I followed the Kali guide: https://www.kali.org/docs/development/public-packaging/

I created an account and a repo at Gitlab.com: https://gitlab.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon

I was able to create the .deb package following the guide. I had some problems but now are solved. I hope with this airgeddon could be added to Kali repos

Hi, thanks for helping! Here are some of the missing tools.

Possible package name : bettercap

package name : lighttpd

package name : sc-dhcp-server/dhcp-server/dhc

package name : hostapd-wpe

package name : mdk4

package name : hostapd

I used
    sudo apt-get install application_name to get them and all I get is "can not find package"
    I tried apt-get install name
    I tried a few other commands, none work.

I'll try your : "apt install isc-dhcp-server". maybe it will help. Thanks
    Last edited by cold iron; 2020-01-01 at 14:00. Reason: typo

yeah, it's easy.... just launch (copy and paste the entire command):

apt update && apt install hostapd-wpe mdk4 hostapd isc-dhcp-server lighttpd

For bettercap I recommend to use the command:

gem install bettercap

In this way you'll get the latest compatible version (1.6.2)

But there is another thing I can't understand... if you have airgeddon v10.0 or higher, it includes a plugin which will ask you for auto install the missing dependencies if you are really using Kali Linux.

I do have V,10 and I tried to update plug-in and got a message saying....An error occurred while trying to install dependencies. And yes I am online via lan @ over 100mps. Frustrating..

Did you launch the command I put here? can you put an screenshot of your error? Please, join our Discord channel to continue with this. You can find the invitation link at Contact section of airgeddons github wiki: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon/wiki/Contact

Did you launch the command I put here? can you put an screenshot of your error? Please, join our Discord channel to continue with this. You can find the invitation link at Contact section of airgeddons github wiki: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon/wiki/Contact
    Yes I did but got the same "can not find package". Could there be something messed up in Kodi 2019.4?

Maybe you can launch the apt command with the packages one by one to know which one is missing on the repos. I mean:

apt install hostapd-wpe
    apt install mdk4
    apt install hostapd
    apt install isc-dhcp-server lighttpd

In this way you can know which one is causing the problem.

Anyway, review you repos on the apt configuration to be sure that they are ok.

And I insist, join to Discord channel for better support.

Maybe you can launch the apt command with the packages one by one to know which one is missing on the repos. I mean:

apt install hostapd-wpe
    apt install mdk4
    apt install hostapd
    apt install isc-dhcp-server lighttpd

In this way you can know which one is causing the problem.

Anyway, review you repos on the apt configuration to be sure that they are ok.

And I insist, join to Discord channel for better support.
    I'll give it a try!
    I joined the Discord forum, looks good. Thanks

I read on the github page that "Kali Nethunter for Android is not officially supported by airgeddon. Anyway, some users were able to run airgeddon successfully on it."
    what does it take? I got stuck because my Nethunter doesn't have x window system. any way to add it?

You can avoid the use of X window system configuring to use tmux instead to work on Nethunter. Just modify the options file ".airgeddonrc" located at same dir as airgeddon.sh and change the var AIRGEDDON_WINDOWS_HANDLING from xterm to tmux. More info about this here: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon/wiki/Options

By the way, we are thinking into add PMKID stuff for the next release. Better late than never.

30. Thank You so much v1s1t0r for sharing everything it helps me alot i used to implement Mask attack without Hashcat so i've to face problems so i heard about Hashcat from software technology inc now i am using Hashcat I must say that it meets my expectations entirely and works perfect currently i am using it on i7-6200 with graphics 1 GB, i also downloaded airgeddon v7.0 with WEPyou are doing very pretty good please keep developing and informing! i am looking forward to see new version.

Hi all! today v10.10 was released, with PMKID support and more. Enjoy!

v10.11 released... fixes and more... now airgeddon is aware of pmkid capturing while trying to capture a handshake. If a pmkid is captured accidentally while trying to capture a handshake, now airgeddon is able to handle it. And pmkid is also integrated on evil twin captive portal attack to use a pmkid instead of a handshake file as an option to perform the attack.

We'll keep informing....

thank you! excellent job! This version 10.20 was much faster on my slow AMD Athlon Processor Neo MV-40
    Menus navigate faster now!

Thanks for the topic, I honestly did not dare to try airgeddon, but after a lot of positive reviews I will try!

Some of my fondest memories are with airgeddon. Thank you for your hard work!

airgeddon v10.30 has been released. With arabic language support and other minor fixes. Enjoy!

37. I will never fully understand this type of programming and its derivatives., Jjajaja
    Servicio privado y lujoso de Modelos en Mallorca. La mejor selecci?n de Modelos pensada para satisfacer las necesidades de los clientes m?s exigentes.

Mallorca Pleasures

Another release to finish the year.... v10.31 was released. With bettercap 2.x support! Complete changelog:

- Fixed error of no returning to DoS menu after fail on handshake capture for Evil Twin Captive portal attack
    - Fixed error of no returning to Evil Twin main menu for some special situations on BeEF attack
    - Removed deprecated hcxpcaptool, replaced by hcxpcapngtool
    - Replaced old PMKID hash format to be used in hashcat, from 16800 to 22000
    - Improved responsive behaviour of Evil Twin Captive Portal web page
    - Compatibility extended to Bettercap 2.x (>=2.28) for sslstrip2/BeEF Evil Twin attack
    Enjoy!

Quite impressive.

Great, after this release at last the tool was added to Kali repos!

When I try to grab a pmkid from a specific target it just keeps trying some other target I have not chosen, and trys that target every time No matter what other target I try. It is just stuck on trying that targets pmkid no matter how many times I reboot or choose different targets. Latest versions of airgeddon and kali.

Good Post.

Thanks, great place.
    But a problem that I am not finding a solution. For WPS attack, the router hangs after 3 attempts. Is there a way to get the router to restart? Or some other way? Changing the MAC I know it doesn't work. Thanks

I don't think the router hangs, after 3 attempts as self protection it disables the wps. To enable it you have to get into the routers configuration and activate it

Yes, exactly. but isn't there a way to re-enable it without going into the settings?

Not that I know of, and if you are attacking someone's else router it's very probable that the owner even ignores his router is locked.