Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: airgeddon, a multi-use bash script for Linux systems to audit wireless networks

Interesting... but at the moment I'm very busy with different tasks. Yesterday v6.12 went to master with some small fixes.

1. Finishing the wiki which is done at 95%. Now airgeddon have real documentation about installation, usage, requirements, compatibility, etc: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon/wiki

I'm working paralelly on v6.2 with docker support. I already set the automated build from github to dockerhub-dockercloud based on branch with different tags. It has docker detection to know if running inside the container or not and based on that, some things are customized to improve the experience.

There is other branch too (v7.0) I'm preparing with WEP attacks... yes, you read well... WEP. I decided belatedly to put these old legacy attacks in the script too... who knows! I did an all-in-one attack which launch "everything"... chop-chop, caffe-latte, hirte, fragmentation, fake auth, arp request replay, etc. Very handy I think

I'll keep you updated if you want!

Thanks again, great work! Keep us updated, please!

Would you mind to (quickly) explain how the feature "Captive portal with DNS blackhole to capture wifi passwords" works?
    Does it expect the "victim" to input the WPA password into a fake web page?

Yeah, it generate a fake cloned AP. Then kick using DoS the clients from the legitimate AP, open a DHCP server. Create a DNS blackhole with dnsspoof to redirect everything to the captive portal which is a "neutral" webpage. You can set the language of captive portal between the 7 languages supported. This attack of course is focused on n00b users, but believe me... it works much more than you can imagine...

The "victim experience" is something like this:

1. Ohh, I can't surf the web <- because of DoS
    2. Here are different options... some n00b users just think. I'll try later... and that's all. You must keep with everything set up waiting and waiting. Anyway, if the user has a really need to use internet, he/she probably will try to touch everything with the hope of get it working... some of his/her steps could be to search again for wireless networks.
    3. At this point, the user can click on the fake network without think anything strange... or maybe he/she can see the "duplicated" network... maybe can think, this is quite strange and anyway click on fake network. If click on legitimate network, the DoS will kick him/her again... and maybe finally because of desperation can click into the trap. Maybe is a smart user and never is going to be tricked... who knows! but believe me... standard users doesn't know anything about any of this. They only want internet working.
    4.After entering into the fake network, airgeddon have a "control window" on which you can check connected clients (ip, mac and hostname). So you can see the effectiveness of the trap. Once in the network airgeddon have all iptables stuff and everything ready with the captive portal web. You must do anything... only wait, like when you go fishing . The user will see a "neutral" web page saying something like "Enter your wireless network password to get internet access". If it fails... you can check in airgeddon's control window the failed attempts with the captured bad passwords. If the user put the right password, everything is going to be killed (all processes and windows) leaving the right password on windows and saving it into the path you put before while setting the attack. The user will reconnect automatically in a few seconds to the legitimate network (there is no DoS) and now he/she can surf... so he/she will think: "aha! I fixed it!".

Anyway the best is to try the attack and test it with your own network to check the behavior.

Edit: after posting... I saw videos on youtube about airgeddon... nice! it seems somebody put a video using evil twin... but it seems in the video only set the trap, no clients connect, the video ends at that point.
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-04-06 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Remove YouTube link

v1s1t0r, did you see the news about hashcat? https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-6273.html

TL;NR

.hccap format is deprecated now. We should use .hccapx file format.
    And atom developed the new utility cap2hccapx ( https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat-utils ) for conversion to the new format. So far as airgeddon uses hashcat, you need to keep these changes in mind.

airgeddon updated, v6.2 now on master with Docker support. Automated builds on Dockerhub with automatic image tagging based on branch.

New wiki for all airgeddon's documentation. Available at: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/airgeddon/wiki

Kali deb package added too: https://github.com/v1s1t0r1sh3r3/air.../binaries/kali. Now you can install airgeddon on Kali downloading .deb file and using dpkg.
    Last edited by v1s1t0r; 2017-04-16 at 01:24 AM. Reason: link to airgeddon's dockerhub

I have the i5-6200 with built in graphics 520, I figured I would give it a shot installing the opencl and see if hashcat would run faster cracking the wpa handshake than the aircrack. 1900 k/s seems so slow via the cpu, is it possible or even worth trying? I keep getting errors and I assume its totally not compatible with hashcat, I assume I would actually have to use a seperate graphics card or cards, other than that this airgeddon seems to be pretty smooth! Loving it.

WEP attacks will be good

I guess hashcat has been updated a while ago, this script seems to deal with the old file format and I have updated hashcat lately, is there a way to get this script to deal with the new version or would a guy have to install the old version of hashcat? Yes I am lazy and love this airgeddon script lol.

hashcat (v3.5.0) starting...

clGetDeviceIDs(): CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

OpenCL Platform #1: Mesa, skipped or no OpenCL compatible devices found.

OpenCL Platform #2: Intel(R) Corporation
    ========================================
    * Device #1: Intel(R) HD Graphics, skipped.
    * Device #2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 1929/7716 MB allocatable, 4MCU

/tmp/hctmp.hccap: Old hccap format detected! You need to update: https://hashcat.net/q/hccapx

Started: Mon May 1 12:26:02 2017
    Stopped: Mon May 1 12:26:02 2017
    Press [Enter] key to continue...

that problem is not related to airgeddon.

airgeddon is already able to handle outputs of v2.0 and the new v3.x . I mean it supports fully haschat, but your problem is related to required OpenCL drivers to work with hashcat. You must do some tests to get it working before using it on airgeddon.

I'm not an expert of hashcat and for sure on hashcat's forum you'll get better answers but first you must be able to do "hashcat -b" for benchmark without any errors and then you'll be able to use it on airgeddon.