Thread: Can't write to /system when installing nethunter on oneplus 3T

Can't write to /system when installing nethunter on oneplus 3T

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue where after installing the nethunter-generic-arm64 and kernel-nethunter-oneplus3-nougat on my oneplus 3t which is stock oxygenOS with android 6.0.1 unrooted
    that during installation it shows me an error saying cannot write to /system, writing boot image failed. Which afterwards it happily starts to extract the rootfs instead of halting.

When I first reboot my phone it seems to hang at the splash screen and the screen just turns black.
    I've also done the installation with a rooted version of oxygenOS in which I didn't look closely at the screen to realize something was wrong with /system. However when it is rooted, and I install it, it does boot the splash screen of kali entirely but doesn't go any further then that. It displays a red led and then returns a blackscreen.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be that I'm doing wrong?

I wiped my phone and went with a stock image so far so I'm not certain if I still have the recovery.log
    I'd reinstall it just to show you the recovery log if I have to....

SCENARIO - OnePlus 3t , OxygenOS 3.4.6 with Android 6.0.1 SuperSU rooted and dm-verity zip installed.

FIX: for stuck on the TWRP splash screen

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-3-3t-t3543391

Try this while stuck on the loading screen:

adb shell wipe_misc

adb shell reboot recovery

Some devices might somehow get a flag set in misc that tells the bootloader to ignore the android boot image command line. This results in the kernel not receiving the hardware name (qcom), which then confuses recovery and causes it to wait forever. FOREVER

----------------------------------------------------
    Use 3.0.4-1 for now, rather than the builds on twrp.me until an official release happens. You will have problems with 3.0.3 on Nougat!

For now, please download the build from:
    Use 3.0.4-1 or higher https://build.nethunter.com/twrp/oneplus/

Officially 3.0.4 has not been released yet, but it has critical fixes for this device on Nougat, so please be patient.

There is a download link there, as well as instructions on how to flash it.

You can find up to date fastboot & adb binaries here!
    Last edited by qpwn; 2017-03-11 at 06:18. Reason: Had same problem but found the fix

Quote Originally Posted by qpwn View Post
    SCENARIO - OnePlus 3t , OxygenOS 3.4.6 with Android 6.0.1 SuperSU rooted and dm-verity zip installed.

FIX: for stuck on the TWRP splash screen

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-3-3t-t3543391

Try this while stuck on the loading screen:

adb shell wipe_misc

adb shell reboot recovery

Some devices might somehow get a flag set in misc that tells the bootloader to ignore the android boot image command line. This results in the kernel not receiving the hardware name (qcom), which then confuses recovery and causes it to wait forever. FOREVER

----------------------------------------------------
    Use 3.0.4-1 for now, rather than the builds on twrp.me until an official release happens. You will have problems with 3.0.3 on Nougat!

For now, please download the build from:
    Use 3.0.4-1 or higher https://build.nethunter.com/twrp/oneplus/

Officially 3.0.4 has not been released yet, but it has critical fixes for this device on Nougat, so please be patient.

There is a download link there, as well as instructions on how to flash it.

You can find up to date fastboot & adb binaries here!
    Thanks a lot for the information, currently I've got nethunter installed without the kali kernel cause that seemed to work... I'll redo the installation at a later time.
    Thanks for the help