Thread: Windows 10 unable to boot after dist-upgrading to Kali Roling Error code: 0xc000000f

Question Windows 10 unable to boot after dist-upgrading to Kali Roling Error code: 0xc000000f

Kali and Windows 10 running in Dual Boot configuration used to work just fine, but after dist-upgrading to Kali Rolling I couldn't longer boot into Windows 10, as now upon booting to Windows 10 it gives me the following error message on a blue screen:
    HTML Code:
    The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
    File :\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
    Error code: 0xc000000f
    I've tried to dist-upgrade to the last release of Kali, Kali Linux 2017.1, but nothing has changed.
    I've also tried to do update-grub in the terminal but after that Windows 10 isn't longer even being shown in the Grub selection menu (It is still accessible from the BIOS setup menu, but the same error mentioned above is given when trying to boot).

What needs to be done in order to get Windows 10 to boot properly again, like it used to before the update to Kali Rolling?

Thanks for your help

Somehow your Boot Configuration Data file of Windows 10 is corrupted or contains errors. Boot Configuration Data file contains boot parameters which tell Windows10 bootloader how to boot.

This is preventing Windows10 to boot. Even Vendor recovery, system recovery, restore points can't boot. If you had taken backup of your EFI partition you would have been able to solve it.

But now you have to create Windows10 bootable USB and run into the setup and select repair this PC. Take backup of whatever personal files like saved games data you have in your C drive before doing this operation.

Next time remember to take backup of your EFI partition.

1493934992338.jpgWhat should I do?

Reset this PC or Repair this PC anything will work.