Hey everyone. I'm having a bit of trouble with triple booting Ubuntu, Windows 10, and Kali. Currently I have Ubuntu and Windows 10 dual booted with grub showing on bootup to allow me to select my operating system. These are installed on separate physical drives, and I have a third spare drive I want to install Kali on (for school). I created the USB boot stick, went through the installation, and it went fine up until the installer asked about installing Grub to the MBR.
It said at the top that if I saw the other operating systems listed that it would be safe to choose yes. Since it listed those operating systems, I selected yes. However then I got a fatal error message during the installation saying that Grub couldn't be installed or something. I went back, selected continue without installing Grub, and finished the installation. Now of course Kali didn't show up in grub when the machine restarted and I was expecting this. I booted into ubuntu, ran sudo update-grub, which it did successfully and found Kali linux.

So I restarted the machine again and noticed that Kali had been added to the list in Grub. I selected the Kali option, but got a list of error messages that lead me to a command line prompt I wasn't used to seeing when things went wrong. I thought maybe I messed up the partitioning during the installation and thought to reinstall Kali only using the guided partitioning which automatically give you the primary and swap partitions.
(I will note that during the first installation I tried manually partitioning the Kali drive to look similar to the Ubuntu partitioning scheme, the /boot, /, /home, and swap, unsure if this would still be correct for a Kali installation. But since this partitioning scheme still failed I thought maybe I didn't need the /boot partition because grub was already installed.)

After the second installation, Grub still locates Kali and when I selected it I get a much shorter error which is as followed: error: no such device: dc8d2a13-8a8a-4558-afdd-1a59217df7df error: no disk hd3.msdos5 not found. alloc magic is broken at 0xb77bb440: b76ff9e0 Aborted. Press any key to exit.
Which then sends me to the Windows drive and boots into Windows. Do I need to go back into Ubuntu and update grub again? Or because I didn't include the /boot partition during installation the bootloader can't locate the Kali linux installation?
Any advice or suggestions is appreciated! Thanks guys.