I installed Kali on one of the internal HDD on my laptop. Dual boot with a win10. There are two identical SAMSUNG screens connected to my laptop, one through a VGA, the other through a hdmi (with a hdmi to vga cable, so the receiving signal on the screen is vga). Everything works just fine in win10, but if I boot into Kali, it freezes.

This is what happens, one screen shows system info, another black—one screen shows Kali booting info in a wrong resolution, another black—both screen show the same (mirror) Kali booting info with a right resolution—mouse appears, movable, but the screens background freeze at the booting info. And it became really wired at this point, if I move the mouse to the center, it becomes a cursor, so I type in my user name, hit enter, and password, hit enter, the login completes, and show the main screen of Kali, then everything is working normally.

And I updated the system with
Code:
apt-get update
and
Code:
apt-get upgrade
today, the situation changed a bit, after the screen background freezes at the booting info, it turns black, no mouse, even I type in username and password blindly, nothing happens.

If I boot with no external screen connected, with the laptop’s own screen, it works perfectly, even I reconnect both screens back to it. If I connect only one of either external screens at boot, there is a blink of gibberish (blocks of white and black) shows after mouse appears at booting info, then login screen shows perfectly and everything works.

Another thing is, it works well with a Kali Live usb boot, with two monitors both connected on boot.

May be it is using a different display configuration at booting stage, and it has some issues with switching to the actual configuration after loading finished if 3 monitors (two external and the laptop’s own) are connected?

I didn’t find too much useful info with google, in fact I never saw anything like this before, can someone please give some suggestion? Thank you!