Hello all,

It's been a while since I have posted, but I could use some input. After several recent attacks on our company network I have decided to deploy Kali on a few PCs in order to do some security testing and monitoring. Firstly, has anyone here deployed Kali one a company domain, and if so what challenges did you run into? I can already see the Windows Active Directory giving me at least a few problems, but I fully expect that. Additionally, is there any advice on this topic prior to diving into this task? I have just finished building the PC, please see below for specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M
Processor: AMD (I'll post make later)
RAM: 14GB
Storage: 1x 1TB (Win 7 Pro), 1x 1TB (Kali) 1x 1TB (Data/Storage) - 3TB total
Optical: 2x DVD-RW

The plan is to use this machine primarily as a diagnostic machine, but additionally I would like to be able to scan our network for intrusions. We have had several attacks prior to me taking over this position, including ransomware (to which the ransom was paid!). Since my employment, I have stopped several attacks but I can't always get to the infected PC's as I am providing administration to remote locations as well. Ideally I would like to identify our weak points (some of which I have already identified) and mitigate those vulnerabilities. Any feedback is welcome.