Thread: Surface Pro USB boot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Surface Pro USB boot?

Has anyone been able to build a bootable USB with Kali? Following the threads and directions, I never get a recognized device when I try and boot. (it just never sees the USB as having an OS).
    I have used the win32disk imager(alone), and also trying the directions to add the efi files after the win32 is done building the USB but I am unable to add the files as Windows can't access the drive.
    I have tried using diskpart first and cleaning the driving, partitioning and formatting first.
    I have also tried disabling secure boot.
    I tried the LinuxLive app and when I started the virtual, I got an error about unsupported processor (i686).
    So I am wondering if the problem is with UEFI, or the Surface Pro has a proc that the build process won't recognize?

2. To boot, take a look at this thread. This poster seems to found a way for that. To actually install it, may require a bit more tinkering. http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...hlight=surface
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

Need to read about UEFI..You might end up searching the ESP partition, installing the bootloader (grub2) in it and then manage the GPT partition table to add the Debian parition.

Luck.