Thread: Detect and Mount CD-ROM

Detect and Mount CD-ROM

I've searched for hours on the internet, but I can't find anyone with the same error, however there is a similar error which you probably know about, please do not confuse that error with this. I get the following error when trying to install Kali linux:

Detect and mount CD-ROM:
    Incorrect CD-ROM detected
    The CD-ROM drive contains a CD which cannot be used for installation
    Please insert a suitable CD to continue with the installation

I have Kali Linux ISO burnt to my CD, so when I start my PC, I am greeted with the normal Kali page, but when I try to install, the above error occurs. Could somebody please help me solve this? And if there is no way to solve it, tell me how to get back to my old Linux version so I can retry this?

Thanks

CD were used to be popular before the ice age came. This generation uses USB flash drives for installing OS.

Same thing happened to me. I just opened a shell and typed "mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /cdrom", and then i could continue with the installation

Isn't it better to use USB instead?

Well let me give u some real meat to think about... If the file system is Ex-Fat, or NTFS, you are going to have problems. I was having cdrom error for so long, and i realized after along time of trying other peeps advice.. that i downloaded all usb creators, and found that win32isocreator was the best for windows, becuz after it makes the image to the usb, windows doesn't recognize the format, which is great, so once you refresh the usb, windows will display error... thats good because windows doesn't recognize the file system. You than can put it in, boot, cdrom will be detected, because it recognizes the file system.... After hours and hours and days of studying the problem.. I haven't found one post similar to mine. Which is odd... So if you want a sure fire way.. get an USB win32isocreator create it, and install kali, honestly it is that simple.