Thread: Gigabyte / AMD Board Issues

Gigabyte / AMD Board Issues

Trying out the new rolling 2017.1 I ran into an issue with usb keyboard/mouse not working when using the installer, on a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P (rev. 2.x) motherboard with an AMD FX-8320, so I found if I enable iommu in the BIOS settings they work again , but then I have another issue.

I get to the part where its looking for the CD drive (even though im installing from USB) I've seen fixes online where it says to get to shell prompt and type something like:
    HTML Code:
    mount -t vfat /dev/dsb1 /cdrom
    or it says to remove the USB and reinsert and try to look for CD but neither worked for me. The SHA1 matches and I used win32imager AND rufus with 2 different USB drives just in case.

Similar to this issue here, http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120746 , but since I am not installed yet I cant obviously edit GRUB

I also tried 2016.1 just for the **** of it, it got through the install but upon reboot it kicks me into busybox :/

UPDATE: boot from usb on splash screen go down to graphical installer & press tab (or if in UEFI mode press 'e') and append
    iommu=soft
    to the boot option

When you reboot the machine after kali installation completes and reboot , Pressing “E” on the menu item will enter edit mode, where iommu=soft should be added to the end of the line which begins with linux. After this the kali should boot.

Make the change permanent, edit GRUB’s configuration file. Run vi /etc/default/grub and change the option shown below to include iommu=soft:

GRUB_LINUX_CMD_LINE="iommu=soft"
    save it
    then
    update-grub
    Last edited by illwill; 2017-04-30 at 00:32. Reason: fix spelling errors