Thread: dual boot, nvidia, grub, boot failure...tears have been shed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

dual boot, nvidia, grub, boot failure...tears have been shed

• Brand new laptop with with 1070 gpu
    • windows on latest version
    • Kali KDE on to a usb 3.0 made by Rufus (tried unetbootin on my 15th trial but went back to Rufus again)
    • installed Kali through install graphical, did all of the partitions, and all of that perfectly and it install just fine
    • system would just boot into windows, forced to into kali partition and Grub would show up (oh Grub...)
    • Tried re-downloading Kali and different versions of it...all failed
    • tried burning each one by using different setting on Rufus (MBR, GPT, and all)...would boot into grub still
    • Tried booting into live system to fix grub...failed...flashing screen...couldnt' read any of it...finally took picture of it...googled it...it's **** you Nvidia gpu town error
    • disabeled Nvidia GPU...boot installed again...during Grub update ...freezes. ****!
    • google google google, youtube youtube youtube, hours on hours on hours, depression depression depression,
    • booted into live system and followed instructions to reinstall grub and update...it all went fine.
    • failed again...at this point considering going out samurai style due to my failure
    • at this point of rethinking my life I tried to boot into the installed kali and now i get a new error (progress?) ...they are attached as images below

Can't upload pictures sooo... http://imgur.com/a/hj4vD

What am I doing wrong? I check the Key as well...it's a legit Kali.

Try to turn on Nvidia GPU, install, turn off Nvidia GPU, and try to boot into?
    Last edited by woodbine; 2017-05-11 at 20:16. Reason: language