Hello all,

This is my first post, and warning this is most likely a very noob question.

SO I bought a laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10. I decided to dual boot with Arch Linux (I have installed arch several times but I have never once dual booted any operating systems). After much headache, I discovered that my laptop uses UEFI firmware, and that grub does not work on UEFI (That is a point that I am not certain of, but that is the impression I got). Anyway, from the plethora of forums and tutorials I was reading I was told to use systemd-boot instead. This happened to work and I was quite happy with the setup. Then I decided to try to triple boot with Kali Linux, using the same process, which leads me to a problem. It appears Kali by default installs GRUB when it is installed. Now this doesn't really cause problems., I mean I do have the option in the BIOS to either boot from the systemd-boot loader or the GRUB boot loader. But here is the strange part. On the GRUB boot manager, I can boot into Kali, Arch, and Windows just fine. However on the systemd-boot manager, It only shows the option to boot into Windows or Arch (They both boot fine). So after some research, I realized I needed to add an entry into the boot partition for Kali Linux, which I did. I added a kali.conf file in the directory /boot/loader/entries/kali.conf, with its contents being:

title Kali Linux
linux /vmlinuz-linux
initrd /initramfs-linux.img
options root=/dev/sda6 rw rootfstype=ext4 add_efi_memmap

For comparison, the arch config file:

title Arch Linux
linux /vmlinuz-linux
initrd /initramfs-linux.img
options root=/dev/sda5 rw rootfstype=ext4 add_efi_memmap

When I try to boot into Kali from the systemd-boot manager, however, I get an error:

:: mounting '/dev/sda6' on real root
EXT4-fs (sda6): cannot load crc32c driver.
mount: /new_root: mount(2) system call failed: No such file or directory
You are now being dropped into an emergency shell...

So could someone please tell me how to make Kali boot properly with systemd-boot and how to get rid of the GRUB boot screen altogether?

Thank you, and sorry if something I said was completely moronic.