Thread: error: no such partition . Entering rescue mode. grub rescue> When laptop is booted

error: no such partition . Entering rescue mode. grub rescue> When laptop is booted

I just installed kali linux in my dell laptop with windows. The installation ended without any error. Upon startup, I was getting errors regarding a missing firmware. Because of this I decided to reinstall kali linux by deleting the partition using windows 10. I just deleted the partition without doing the proper process and then restarted the laptop. When the laptop booted it shows.
    error: no such partition.
    Entering rescue mode.
    grub rescue>

Kali version: 2017.1 64 bit
    Kali installation: USB
    The command ls lists : (hd0) (hd0,gpt5) (hd0,gpt4) (hd0,gpt3) (hd0,gpt2) (hd0,gpt1)
    doing ls (hd0) or anything shows (hd0): Filesystem is unknown.
    Also, i cannot enter the bios whatever key i press.
    Please help me!

Your PC is first booting kali. To enter into bios you have to immediately press the key to open bios settings before it boots kali. Once you enter bios settings set the boot priority to windows 10. Those missing firmwares were not due to improper installation. Those missing firmwares were of either your LAN or your wifi adapter which you have to download and copy them in /lib/firmware. So deleting the partition and reinstalling kali was unnecessary and doesn't fix the problem.

Hi thank you for the reply but I cant seem to enter bios with my laptop which is Dell Inspirion 15 7559 no matter what key i press after booting my laptop is there any other way to fix it?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kythnia View Post
    Hi thank you for the reply but I cant seem to enter bios with my laptop which is Dell Inspirion 15 7559 no matter what key i press after booting my laptop is there any other way to fix it?
    Thank you!
    Unable to enter in BIOS settings seems like BIOS issue and is independent from the issue you are facing with kali. You should search this issue on internet. Can you go to boot menu options to boot Windows 10 or kali live USB?

Hi! Thank you again for replying. Unfortunately every time i turn my laptop on it goes directly into the grub rescue> screen so i don't know if I could boot Windows 10 or kali live USB.

Also, I was only able to access bios by using UEFI in Windows 10.