Thread: Need help installing Kali on Acer Aspire one Cloudbook 14

Need help installing Kali on Acer Aspire one Cloudbook 14

I am trying to install Kali linux as the only OS on an Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 (AO1-431-C8G8)

I have downloaded the latest running build of Kali (x64 & x64 lite) and created a USB bootdisk with YUMI (a program I have used with much success in the past with many linux distros).

the pc features windows 10 currently.

When I boot from the disk in UEFI mode with secure boot enabled, the PC boots to windows as normal.
    If UEFI mode with secure boot disabled the PC boots from Grub on the usb bootdisk, but does not see the contents of the disk nor will it load past that point before it restarts and repeats the process until user intervention.

In legacy, I'm able to load the linux distro of my choosing but both will hang. (x64 will hang on a black screen with a blinking cursor no matter what option is chosen for kali. live, graphical install, etc. while x64 lite will hang at "probing edd. edd = off to disable ... "

I would love to get rid of windows on this pc, and use Kali only, however every guide I have found for putting kali on a similar system only handles dual-boot. I have several live windows systems and have no use for running windows 10 and kali on the same PC when the eMMC is only 32GB.

any help would be appreciated.

At the boot menu press tab then add edd=off in the command line options an example should look like this
    .linux /live/vmlinuz boot=live components splash edd=off username=root hostname=kali initrd=/live/initrd.img