Thread: Install kali on redmi note 4

Install kali on redmi note 4

Hi, i have redmi note 4 mtk, rooted, twrp installed, bootloader unlocked.
    I have been instaled kali nethunter without twrp, but cant use external wifi adapter. I read several articles about the need to flash new krnel to work. My questions:
    Is there other ways to use wifi adapter
    If not what version on nethunter to flash to not brick my phone.

MIUI 8.2.1.0
    wifi adapter : tp link wn722n

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Have the same problem with redmi note 4x.Using the same adapter but also tried several other...lsusb shows the adapter but when using airmon-ng drivers are listed as ???? and not aloud to put it into monitor mode
    try lsusb and tell us what message you get

I believe its a problem with the kernel but although Ive tried several kernels between generic arm64 and armhf I haven't managed to make it work

Quote Originally Posted by aoiko View Post
    I believe its a problem with the kernel but although Ive tried several kernels between generic arm64 and armhf I haven't managed to make it work
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................
    Think i need to boot the nethunter, and then it will work, but i am afraid of hard brick my phone.

one solution that maybe will work is to boot first cm12.1 and then kali, but cm12.1 is old and i don't want use it.

second is to wait for specific build karnel for your phone. Thats what i do.

third is just to risk and try to boot over miui, but that maybe will hard brick your redmi note 4
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................
    That's i know but looking for alternative solution

sorry for my bad English

Would recommend to flash twrp so you can use recovery mode and from there install nethunter.So if something goes wrong you can install another rom and will be ok.Of course waiting for the kernel is the best but who waits?

It looks like the kernels for redmi note 4/4x have been released.Now we either try to build it yourself or we wait for someone to do it
    https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Ker...ree/mido-m-oss

Hi, i have twrp, but if i hard brick my phone i will not be able to use it. Once i fix boot loop but that is easier. i have redmi note 4 mediatek NIKEL, redmi note 4 snap dragon is mido, but that is not an option. If you are sure flashing unsupported karnel can't hard brick please tell me i will try. Thanks

ok, i found this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...evice-t3547416
    still can't use wifi adapter, but think it is because of MIUI.
    Thanks for replies.

can you put the internal wifi in monitor mode? if not still its a kernel problem