Thread: Network Manager Help.

Network Manager Help.

Hi
    Thank you for your time with reading my current problem.

I have searched for days online with regards to my issue(s). My goal is to install my openVPN with IPVANISH that I currently run on my windows 10.
    Issue during installation is that I am unable to alt-get install network-manager. I have tried many different combination, such as .gnome etc. The ultimate issue I have is that is says I do not have any location: no such file or directory. I currently have WIFI.
    When I located network folder there is NO contents in the folder.
    I have also made sure my respository update is correct on my source.list from kali doc link.
    I am lost.
    Several errors I get look like this : ackage network-manager-openvpn-gnome is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    &
    root@localhost:~/Documents# apt-get install network-manager-openvpn
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package network-manager-openvpn

Remember I have tired several different ways so I have not copied and paste. I have search kali forums, youtube etc and they all keep saying type these commands, check repository and run update, upgrade...

Running Kali Rolling 3.22.0 64Bit

Thanks for anyones help. Screenshot-20170604220848-764x516.jpgScreenshot-20170604220923-856x551.jpgScreenshot-networkfolderEMPTY-1003x635.jpg

As an update, I can get apt-get install network-manager-gnome, and it says I have it already installed to current version. But I cannot get any other apt-get install network-manager-openvpn to work.. My updates such as apt-get update comes back with zero update and but with no error or signs of connecting to current http for update.
    When I go to the top right of screen, click my wifi and click into my current wifi and click + to add VPN that option is there! But I cannot add openVPN until I can get the network manager to work according to ipvanish support.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.Also again, my network folder is empty.... That is not right??