Thread: Kali Usb not working as intended for me

Kali Usb not working as intended for me

I installed kali with usb persistence like i have done 1000 times before. This time with 2017.1 iso. After getting into grub and clicking on "usb persistence with encryption" i can see a few lines of the boot process but then my both monitors are switching off like no signal. i never had this before on a kali usb it always worked with both monitors (at least on kde gnome was a bit tricky at the start but most likely after i installed kde it worked).
    When adding "nouveau.modeset=0" or "nomodeset" i can get it to boot on one monitor but with the wrong resolution (uefi) and the right resolution (legacy boot). Since its not possible to use 2 monitors with nomodeset i wanted to ask you guys if you can help me get this **** to work.
    BTW: installing nvidia drivers on a usb stick always ends fatal since no matter what i try it uses nouveau and initramfs is not working properly.

Additional information:

Kali amd 64

Newest updates through apt-get

"Any visible error messages you are getting.
    Any additional relevant logs and information as described in the Kali Troubleshooting documentation." i have none since my monitor is black...
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2018-02-13 at 13:23. Reason: Foul language

Did you find a solution yet?
    I am having the exact same problem. I have Kali Linux2017.1 on my USB. When I want to boot I see only a few lines and then the monitor sais "No Signal". I am pretty sure this has to do with my video drivers. (I am using a GTX 970).