Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I have one question which I tried to google but no luck for 3 days to solve the problem.

I've managed to create a USB flash with Kali (KDE) live + LUKS encrypted persistence volume. It all works as described and I'm happy with it, however the one and only thing I can't understand is how can I merge the persistence state with live just in case I need that?

I have to explain: The default system is perfect, but I want to have an option to use the live system with my options, desktop, documents, etc saved. In other words I need to 'edit' the LIVE system state to some point.

I want to be able to run LIVE or even FORENSIC version of Kali Linux, not the default one, but edited with my preferences. I hope I've explained the idea correct, sorry - English is not my native language.

I've googled few things about squashfs, overlayfs (which is seems to be used here in persistence?). I've tried one tutorial, however no luck with merging the persistence volume with the live one. Can you please forward me to the correct solution or advice anything?

Thank you in advance!