Thread: What tablet is capable of running a full Kali install?

What tablet is capable of running a full Kali install?

Hello,

I am new to Kali linux and have been experimenting for the past month. I am now planning on getting certified to pursue a career in Pentesting.
    I am currently using Kali on a 17.5"Asus ROG laptop but I am looking for something more portable. I was wondering if there is a tablet out there which can run Kali linux. I would like to use an external wifi dongle. I currently own a Alfa awus036nha. I was thinking the Nvidia shield tablet might work but maybe a microsoft surface would be better? any advice on these devices or if there is a better solution would be great. Thanks

While it takes some cooperative store personnel I'd put Kali on a USB stick, head to an electronics store, and boot Kali live on the tablet of your choice. That's the best way I know to ensure a device's compatibility before buying it.

I am also in the same boat and looking for suggestions. I am looking at the surface pro 4 (possibly the 7th gen i5 with 4GB RAM?) or the newer galaxy s3? Any thoughts or suggestions on either of these or other options that would be capable of running Kali with the standard framework?

Since the Galaxy S3 is Android-based, I would assume your chances of compatibility would be better. However, I'd still run Kali live from a USB stick on your device of choice...to see.

Ive heard the Nvidia Shield is popular as well. Would the be better than the s3?

Never run Kali on anything but a PC or laptop, so I can't say. Since the BackTrack days, I've always made a live DVD/USB, and tried that on the device first, before attempting an install.

7. i thinks its a good idea

Kali nethunter on nexus 10