Thread: Help! Kali linux blackscreen, tried everything!

Help! Kali linux blackscreen, tried everything!

I've been up for about 24 hours now trying to get this install to work but its just not working, I've google searched almost every link on this topic and tried a lot of useless information but nothing! Here are my pc specs (or at least what's needed to know for the problem)
    Nivida gtx 970 (GPU)
    8 gb ram
    MSI 970 gaming (motherboard)
    amd fx 8350

Ok so here is the problem! I have kali linux successfully installed! Wow great but WAIT, this day just gets even better! After successfully installing it I can't boot it up. Well it does boot up but it goes immedently into black screen apon showing me text of the boot. Apparently I've identified the problem. ether 1 of 2 kali linux hates my graphics card and is giving it the middle finger every time it boots up or 2 of 2 its not detecting my monitor. I personally think its 2 of 2 but thats my personal opinion! I need any suggestions! I'm so desperate Ill try anything at this point. I will not sleep until its solved! Thanks for reading and please leave suggestions thanks!

*update* this was a post from another forum I was on, they were not very helpful QAQ its been about 30 or so hours
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-06-05 at 09:41. Reason: Language

Might be due to nouveau driver. Blacklist it and install nvidia drivers. If you can't get that far, then search for nouveau nomodeset or something like that for kernel parameters then blacklist and install nvidia drivers.

I would love to but this is not a vm, its the only os on the drive. I don't have access to any os other then kali so If I can't get out of kali linux boot up. it boots then black screen as I said

Disable your Nvidia Graphic card from boot settings. Then kali will switch to Intel HD graphics.

How to disable it from BIOS? I can only do it in devicemanger

Quote Originally Posted by Daijoubu View Post
    How to disable it from BIOS? I can only do it in devicemanger
    Go to boot settings, you will see the option.