Thread: Pages not loading in firefox after a minute of use

Pages not loading in firefox after a minute of use

I am having issues with internet on my kali linux. I have downloaded the latest 64bit kali from kali website. i have live booted it from a usb pendrive everything works fine except for the internet. when i start kali, my wifi gets connected i am able to use the internet for a few minutes usually 2, and then pages stop loading although it shows the wifi is connected but pages dont load and then i have to turn on the airplane mode and of again and when it reconnects to wifi works for few minutes and then stop loading pages again.It shows server not found but all my other devices on the network works fine.The wifi works with windows fine it has this issue just with the kali linux. Please someone help me out this its quiet frustrating.

my system configuration:

Lenovo IdeaPad 310-15IKB

ProcessorIntel Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz

Graphics adapter: Intel HD Graphics 620/geforce 920m

Mainboard: Intel Kaby Lake-U Premium PCH

Connections: 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1, 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 Kensington Lock, Audio Connections: 3.5 mm audio jack, Card Reader: 4-in-1 SD cardreader

Bluetooth: Realtek Bluetooth Adapter

WiFi: Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

Have you ruled out problems with your ISP, and wireless router?

Anything odd in the output of dmesg, or in /var/log? Can you curl or wget webpages ok?

Yes there is no problem with my isp and router because i can use it on other devices. just with kali i cam use it for 2 minutes and then the pages stop loading. if I turn off wifi and then turn it on again the wifi works for few minutes and then the problem shows up again

Ok, that eliminates some obvious stuff. What happens when you try to curl or wget webpages? You might need to wget a download of Kali for a valid test, if your connection goes down after a couple minutes.

Any errors in the output of dmesg or /var/log?

same thing with wget i tried downloading a webpage. It downloaded the first time I tried but om second attempt it showed Unable to resolve host address

Hmm, how does your connection work via ethernet from this machine? Have you ruled out any RF interference nearby, which could be messing with your wifi signal?

Internet works perfectly fine on ethernet. i dont think there is any rf interference because it happens even if i sit close to the wifi router. I tried installing mint too same thing happens
    Last edited by Drazzer; 2017-06-20 at 06:46.

Must be something with your laptop's wifi. Do you have another wifi card you can try?

FYI, my best wifi connection is when I'm 3 - 5 meters from the access point...could just be my gear, though.

here's something i discovered. i tried using aircrack it works fine just browsing the internet is causing problems

Hmm, that's odd. It must be the wifi card, but if that's the case, aircrack usually won't work either.

I have the similar issue. Still don't know how to fix it.

Has anyone figured out a solution for this yet? I have tried everything. I have formatted my usb and restarted 4 times now. Everything works fine in virtual machine but no monitor mode. Live boot i get monitor mode but no internet connection after a few minutes. I can't figure this out and it's driving me mad!

add the same thing, in the end I updated to 2017.1 but that broke my adapter so I may end up going back to 2016 and facing the firefox issues again.