Thread: Kali freezes after launching webbrowser (dualboot w10 32/64b UEFI)

Kali freezes after launching webbrowser (dualboot w10 32/64b UEFI)

Hello guys. I have a fresh dual boot installation. W10 + kali linux (32/64b same results). Everything seems to work fine until i launch firefox or chrome. The system freezes and nothing rly helps but restart. I checked dmesg for errors but its clean.

Code:
      Linux kali 4.9.0-kali3-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.9.18-1kali1 (2017-04-04) i686 GNU/Linux
        Distributor ID:	Kali
        Description:	Kali GNU/Linux Rolling
        Release:	kali-rolling
        Codename:	kali-rolling
    Please give some advice on how to troubleshoot this. Thanks

First thing I would try is Ctrl+Alt+F3 to get to a console boot prompt. That will tell you if the system is really frozen, or if it's just the browser.

Also, run top and see if the browser is chewing up a lot of system resources. Can you kill the browser process, and the system reverts to normal?

The problem is i cannot run anything when it freezes. The command Ctrl+Alt+F3 seems not to be working. Only thing i can do is ALT+sysrq+b . I also ran top and launched mozzila. The last "top" output was 87% CPU usage by mozzila but overall CPU ussage 17%.

Hi guys. Your help is much appreciated. I rather went to antoher distro than waiting for any replies. So, problem solved. Have a nice day. Thread can be closed.