Hi All,

I'm new to the forum (only just registered!), not so new to Linux as it's part of my job, but new to Kali.
I wanted to share a small victory in getting the drivers for Alfa AWUS036ACH installed - finally!

I've installed 4.13.0 Kali on HP 440 g3, applied all the updates and couldn't see the card apart from looking in the dmesg.
I've been getting error messages about missing directories in /lib/modules/4.13.0-kali1-amd64/ and after reviewing few forums, reinstalling Kali twice, I've finally found the correct way.

After installing Kali, I've obviously had to run the below, otherwise it didn't want to update.

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 7D8D0BF6

Then, it was a matter of apt-get update, followed with apt-get upgrade.
After that was finished, I've started searching for the correct headers for my version of Kali - without any luck, unfortunately.

I've found an article on a different forum, which pointed me to the right direction.
First, I had to check for a newer version by running the below:

apt-cache search linux-image
apt-cache search linux-headers

The results shown that there's 4.14.0-kali3-amd64 available and now it was a matter of installing the headers for it as well.

apt install linux-image-4.14.0-kali3-amd64
apt install linux-headers-4.14.0-kali3-amd64

Then a quick, necessary reboot:

shutdown -r now

Finally, when the system booted uname -r shows that the upgrade was successful.
One last attempt to get all the latest updates and it's time to install the driver. Fingers crossed.

apt install realtek-rtl88xxau-dkms

After the installation was finished, I've plugged in the USB WIFI, checked dmesg - it's present, and now it shows when running airmon-ng!
Success It took a bit of google'ing to figure this one out and even though my friends at work also used to use Kali, they never had problems installing wifi cards.

Either way, if someone will find this useful - happy days! : )