Thread: KL 2017.1 Not Detecting Any Wireless Networks

Unhappy KL 2017.1 Not Detecting Any Wireless Networks

Hi I'll try to explain this as compact as posible:

I'm running Kali Linux v2017.1 in VMware Workstation Player 12 on Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

I'm using TP-Link TL-WN722N v1 (Wl1 chip is AR9271 so should be supported)
    It is connected to VM, it does show up in terminal when typing lsusb/iwconfig/ifconfig/airmon-ng so it's detected. Network adapter settings are set to Bridged and a Wired Connection is going on and giving the VM access to internet.

But when I press Wifi(wlan0) no Wifi Network are being detected when in fact there are 15+ around me. Also same thing with the "airodump-ng wlan0" and "wash -i wlan0", interface is shown but seems to be stuck in an endless loop of searching and not detecting anything.

Things I already tried:
    -Downloaded and installed compat wireless 2.6 driver from 2010-06-26
    -Made sure the adapter is turned on and in monitor mode
    -Played with NAT network settings with no result

So basically I got one of the most recommended wireless usb adapter for kali, set everything up and it's not detecting anything.

If any can help let me know if you need any more info or screenshots, thanks!

By installing compat-wireless 2.6, you've successfully downgraded the drivers to something 7 years older.

Playing with NAT/Bridging/.. doesn't matter since the adapter is plugged on the USB port (doing USB pasthrough).

Just FYI, having the adapter in monitor mode, network-manager will NOT work. You need to either reboot the system (since you probably killed network managers with airmon-ng) or restart network manager (and put interface back into managed mode).

I have installed kali Linux 2017.1 on VM ware but the problem is wi-fi I have also installed compact drivers wlan0 and wlan1 but whenever I start it it shows no network though my mobile shows my WiFi networks plz help with these my PC configuration are as follows i5-7th gen lenovo 310 nvidia geforce graphics so plzz help me i am not a pro and mister x I also tried
    that

nemi, did you read what I wrote about compat-wireless (it's compat as in compatibility, not compact or combat).