Thread: kali linux live usb freeze while in use

kali linux live usb freeze while in use

hello i am using kali linux 64 bit amd (Jan 2017 version) with live usb to my pc(with persistence) . The OS works fine i can access anything and there aren't any signs of any problems. But after a while of using kali all the screen freeze except of the mouse which is free. I tried update and upgrading kali linux with "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" and nothing changes, i tried also canceling the auto update which didnt help also. I have no way of predicting it, it just happens. After the screen freeze i have to manually turn it off with the button in my pc. It happens approximately after 1 hour of use. I tried to check if the RAM is full and it got nothing to do with it. I searched for solutions but most people finds problems on the boot and I don't think this is the case. I don't know what causing it i downloaded it right from of kali's official website, i imaged it with universal USB installer. I have no idea of what to do next because i didnt see this issue online and i don't have much knowledge in linux. But the only thing i think may help whoever see this post is that when i start the kali i see a lot of lines about the boot but the mouse begin to operate a lot sooner than the desktop so maybe this explain why the mouse still work while everything else don't or might help understanding what cause the issue.

specs of my pc:
    4 GB of RAM
    intel i5 650(support 64bit)
    originally run windows 7 32 bit which i upgraded to 10
    32 GB usb
    kali- NFTS or FAT32 i dont remember.
    persistence-8 GB ext4
    version: kali-linux-2017.1-amd64.iso

Same problem here mate. Bump