Thread: CRYPTSETUP in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf is deprecated after installing nvid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question CRYPTSETUP in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf is deprecated after installing nvid

Hello this is my first post. Please tell me if i have to change anything ^^

I just installed nvidia-drivers on my fresh and updated kali linux installation. By following the following command by the Kali Documentation.
    Code:
    apt install -y ocl-icd-libopencl1 nvidia-driver nvidia-cuda-toolkit

The driver is working fine. When i use the code below, the output is the same as documented in the Kali Documentation. Running hashcat also works perfectly.
    Code:
    nvidia-smi
    At the end of the installation i got the following message
    Code:
    CRYPTSETUP in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Use /etc/cryptsetup-initramfs/conf-hook instead.
    When i rebooted, i got the popular white screen "Oh no something has gone wrong" and i can't use GUI (But i can acces the terminal with ctrl + alt + f2).

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Also, what i find very weird is that 2 days ago i didnt have this problem. Nvidia worked fine and i could boot with GUI, no error messages. A few hours after I broke my kali linux installation by setting up a virtualbox on windows (i guess), so i had to reinstall.

Details about my setup:
    Kali 64-bit version 2017.1
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
    CPU: intel core i7 7700hq 2.8Ghz
    Last edited by apolloskillz; 2017-07-13 at 19:38.