Thread: Want to install NetHunter as a secondary ROM.

Want to install NetHunter as a secondary ROM.

Hi.
    I'm new at this so please bear with me.
    I want to install Nethunter as a secondary rom with my current stock LineageOS 7.1 rom. Have the ability to separately boot into Lineageos or Nethunter. I have a rooted OPO phone using SuperSu. Have flashed LineageOS replacing my cm12 rom.

Currently have Debian Linux installed/running smoothly on my XPS13 laptop using external aircard TP-Link-TL-WN722N .

Now I want to enter the same Linux packet injection commands using my OnePlus One phone.

Purposed Installation steps for Nethunter – a) MultiManger, b) BusyBox, c) Nethunter zip + NetHunter kernel zip.
    (Q) Are the above, the correct steps getting Nethunter installed on my OPO phone as a secondary ROM?
    (Q) Are there 2 Nethunter zip files to be installed or just one?
    (Q) Does anyone have a link to the latest ROM NetHunter zip files.
    (Q) I don't need to re-flash LineageOS again correct?

My installed OPO aircard doesn't support monitor mode. I will be using TP-Link-TL-WN722N.
    (Q) Has anybody used TP-Link-TL-WN722N for monitor mode on your phone.
    (Q) Do I need to buy a Y Host OTG cable to connect my phone+External aircard dongle?
    (Q) Has anybody tried the aireplay-ng (D authenticate) command with NetHunter, I read this command is not working?

(Q) Finally are their any Official set of instructions getting Nethunter installed, connected and running on OPO Phones.

Thanks.
    TC.

Quote Originally Posted by jefx3 View Post
    Purposed Installation steps for Nethunter – a) MultiManger, b) BusyBox, c) Nethunter zip + NetHunter kernel zip.
    I can't guide you but I promise: It's tricky!

1. As far as I know Multirom does not support Android 7.1 as primary ROM.
    2. To use Android 7.1 as a secondary ROM you need a modified version of Multirom (https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...endly-t3555311).
    3. Installing Nethunter on Bacon isn't easy, too. Some ROMs are causing troubles, some versions of TWRP are causing troubles. It's trial and error, I have not found a working how-to with detailed info about the versions of TWRP (2.8.6 ist good, as far as I remember) and Android (Stock 12.1?).

Flash TWRP, install Android 12.1, install SuperSu (you don't have to install Busybox as it is part of the Nethunter Package, as far as I remember), flash the Nethunter Package (https://images.offensive-security.co...llipop-3.0.zip), the Kernel is already inside. Try it, Nandroid it, update it, Nandroid it. Then the Multirom pain begins

I hope there will be a working version of Efidroid soon (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...roid-t3447466/)!
    Last edited by mstrmnn; 2017-07-23 at 08:58. Reason: I

reply to mstrmnn comments.

Thanks for your quick reply mstrmnn, I've italicized your comments with my reply.

As far as I know Multirom does not support Android 7.1 as primary ROM.
    1. Given this, I cannot boot in LineageOS 7.1 as a primary rom using the MuliRom Mgr from play store Correct?

To use Android 7.1 as a secondary ROM you need a modified version of Multirom (https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...endly-t3555311).
    2. From the Link you supplied, I will do the following to get the modified MultiRom.
    Download & Install in the following order:
    a) MultiRom12062016.bacon.zip
    b) MultiRom TWRP Image zip
    c) MultirOM uninstaller.zip
    d) MultiRom Manager apk

3. Patched (kexec) Kernel not needed – Correct?
    4. Do I initiate a reboot only after the above a,b,c have been flashed, no wipe needed, or do I install the ROMS then reboot?

Flash TWRP, install Android 12.1, install SuperSu (you don't have to install Busybox as it is part of the Nethunter Package, as far as I remember), flash the Nethunter Package
    5. I already have TWRP 2.8.7.0 previously flashed, do I need to do this again?
    I have SuperSu previously installed.
    6. Installing Android 12.1 is CyanogenMod 12.1 correct?
    7. My final installation order:
    Modified MultiRom's (a,b,c) see above then reboot?
    CM12.1
    Nethunter
    Then reboot.

8. My current installed rom “LineageOS”, I do not have to re-flashed. Correct?

When I reboot into the phone, I should see:
    CM12.1 (Internal)
    NetHunter
    LineageOS

Hopefully

Thanks.
    Jef.

First I have to say that I'm a noob. I'm playing around with geek stuff for more than a decade, I helped building up a wireless community mesh network, but I never got a deeper understanding of the tings I was doing. Without the guys that code and solder and share their how-tos I'm totally helpless. So my best advice is: Search and ask at xda-developers' forum for answers.

I cannot boot in LineageOS 7.1 as a primary rom using the MuliRom Mgr from play store Correct?
    I don't know what exactly causes the trouble. I just know I had severe problems with MultiRom in combination with Android Nougat. I'm by far not the only one, there are plenty posts at xda saying that MultiRom isn't working with Nougat-Roms. (But other postings claim success.)

From the Link you supplied, I will do the following to get the modified MultiRom.
    Download & Install in the following order:
    a) MultiRom12062016.bacon.zip
    b) MultiRom TWRP Image zip
    c) MultirOM uninstaller.zip
    d) MultiRom Manager apk
    Just follow the instructions at xda! It's important to install the MultiRom zip and TWRP. The app might not be necessary and the uninstaller is just an uninstaller, of course. Don't flash it if you want to install MultiRom!

Patched (kexec) Kernel not needed – Correct?
    There is a non-kexec workaround, that's right. But is it working? Under what circumstances? Sorry, I can't answer questions like this.

Do I initiate a reboot only after the above a,b,c have been flashed, no wipe needed, or do I install the ROMS then reboot?
    For sure it's best to start from the scratch. Nandroid your existing system, than full-wipe. Than install a MultiRom-friendly Rom, root it, flash Nethunter and check the installation. Than install MultiRom and MultiRom-TWRP, boot it to see if it's still working fine, than you can add Roms. It's trial and error. I couldn't find a best practice model yet. Of course you can start with a Nougat Rom and look for a way to install a working MultiRom with Nethunter as secondary.

I already have TWRP 2.8.7.0 previously flashed, do I need to do this again?
    No. The MultiRom TWRP will replace it anyway. (But will the MultiRom TWRP work with the Nethunter-Installer?)

Installing Android 12.1 is CyanogenMod 12.1 correct?
    Any stock or custom Rom, I can't recommend one.

My current installed rom “LineageOS”, I do not have to re-flashed. Correct?
    I recommend to Nandroid it and wipe it. But you should never forget: It's an experiment! Don't play with MultiRom and Nethunter if you need the phone for daily use!

When I reboot into the phone, I should see:
    CM12.1 (Internal)
    NetHunter
    LineageOS
    No. Nethunter isn't a Rom. It will be part of internal or secondary Rom.
    Last edited by mstrmnn; 2017-07-24 at 09:07.

@mstrmnn.
    Thanks for your set of instructions. I'm looking at some rom links compatible with NH to flash. As you said, it will be a trial & error until I get the right combination.

Quick question. You mention do a full wipe. This doesn't include Internal Storage?

Will update my results to the forum when I finish.
    Jef.