Thread: Best internal (ac) Wi-Fi Chip that supports Monitor & Injection?

Best internal (ac) Wi-Fi Chip that supports Monitor & Injection?

Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a new 'ac' chip. Currently I have this one which seems to support monitor mode under "iwlwifi" but does not support packet injection properly.

I've heard that most intel chips don't seem to support monitor mode or anything else out of the ordinary on linux, so I guess I should be looking for something from Broadcom etc?

Does anyone know of a really well performing integrated chip that supports Wireless AC, Monitor mode and can perform packet injection?

Thanks!

Sadly, no. Running Kali (and BackTrack before that) on multiple laptops, I never had much luck with the built-in wireless.

The closest I've come is my current laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad L530). The built-in wireless will do monitor mode, but packet injection is hit and miss.

I've Intel wireless adapter AC-3165. It fully supports monitor mode and packet injection but it works on small radius.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTrash View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a new 'ac' chip. Currently I have this one which seems to support monitor mode under "iwlwifi" but does not support packet injection properly.

I've heard that most intel chips don't seem to support monitor mode or anything else out of the ordinary on linux, so I guess I should be looking for something from Broadcom etc?

Does anyone know of a really well performing integrated chip that supports Wireless AC, Monitor mode and can perform packet injection?

Thanks!
    I cant remember the chipset but look an tl-722n chipset.
    It is the most compatible with pentest commands.

The 722n may not have a very long range but it get the job done.

Google pentest chipset.