Thread: No new packages apt?

TechMonster Guest

No new packages apt?

Hello I've used kali for the past two years on several laptops and PIs. However despite have the exact same repository as in kali documentation, I seem to get no updates to apt packages on my kali-linux-full and kali-linux-all machines for the past week or so. I am unable to determine whether apt is broken, something is going on with the kali apt servers, my network is broken or that I'm simply being too impatient and that there are actually no new packages to to install. I seem to have an OCD when it comes to keeping my system up to date so It feels strange when there isn't any new packages for a a week or so. I don't know, those are just my thoughts. Is anyone else facing the same thing? I mean it's probably alright. Just uncertainty.

Same here, haven't seen any updates. However, summer camp (aka DefCon and BlackHat) is this week, so that may explain it

TechMonster Guest
    Ah, right. The Defcon event. I completely forgot about that. All the package maintainers are busy packing for the event! I wish I could attend! Thanks for making it clear.

No problem I've heard good & bad things about DefCon and BlackHat, but never attended either one. They're too big for my conference tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    No problem I've heard good & bad things about DefCon and BlackHat, but never attended either one. They're too big for my conference tastes.
    You can subscribe to DefCon and Blackhat YouTube channel to watch their conference. I can't afford to attend either of them but good thing is they upload their conference after the event.
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-08-02 at 14:31. Reason: Remove YouTube links

Hmm, that's a good alternative to catch up on some interesting stuff...thanks _defalt

Agreed, they are way too expensive for me!