This seems to be the only place for "out of topic" discussion, and I don't have any questions (yet). But I do have something to say.

I've played around with Linux for years. Slackware, 1995. I've built dozens of computers over the years since then. Every time I tried out Linux, and reverted to Windows. My current laptop is a multiboot machine.

I've known about Kali for a while, from researching Linux hardening, but never actually tried using it.

Recently, my brother introduced me to the USA TV series "Mr. Robot" (Watched on Amazon). The prominence of the Kali logo intrigued me enough to try it out.

So here's the crux: right out of the box, Kali is the cleanest, most stable Linux based desktop I've ever used. I was a bit concerned about Gnome Shell being the DE, as I've had problems running Gnome under Arch Linux. Regardless of the fact that Kali is designed for a very specific use case, it's hands down the best experience I've had installing and using Linux. No, I'm not going to try installing the usual everyday software, but even so, if Gnome was this good on any other distro, I'd use it as my primary desktop. My "daily" is Arch running KDE.

So.... I created a forum account specifically to say: you guys did a masterful job of creating a Linux desktop that was easy to install alongside two other OSs. I know your focus is pen-testing, and can't wait to jump into that (my home network is extensive, and likely needs a lot of work), but I have to say, you created a beautiful desktop.

I know your goal isn't to reap praise, however, you might consider a place for people like me to say "KUDOS" for all your hard work, not just on the "Ethical Hacking" software repository, but also on the platform you provide to use it.

It's amazing. KUDOS.
Thank you.