Thread: Kali 2017.1 freeze after login

Question Kali 2017.1 freeze after login

Hello users,
    I have downloaded Kali linux 2017.1 64bit iso,made USB with win32DiskImager, booted into USB, selected graphical install.
    Exactly as many users in this forum i think have done.
    The problem is that after i put in the root and pass it freezes at the grey login image, only the cursor showing and not moving.
    Tried a lot , even purging the nvidia*->nvidia*.

Kali Version - Kali 2017.1 – 25th April, 2017 – The first 2017 Kali Rolling release. Kernel 4.9, Gnome 3.22. - latest, yesterday downloaded.
    Kali Architecture - 64 bit pc version
    Specific hardware models you are having trouble with (if relevant) - ASUS i7 6700hq, Nvidia 950, 8gb, ssd, has win10 installed( wanting to run dual boot )
    Any visible error messages you are getting - just as it is described above.
    Any additional relevant logs and information as described in the Kali Troubleshooting documentation - I haven;t found in description a error similar to this, and the other people responses to a far similar problem to this haven;t work on me, so it is a new error to my knowalge and source of information. Reffering to logs, ASK for them an i will provide. I don;t know yet how to understand them and provice a solution on my own since i haven't learned so much OS material. This means i am counting on your knowlage to help solving this problem. Thanks in advance fot the time spent and kind soul !!!

So i hope you could offer a solution for me !
    Thank you in advance!

First off, did you verify the hash of the download, to ensure it's valid. When you made a bootable USB, did you try to run Kali in live mode on this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    First off, did you verify the hash of the download, to ensure it's valid. When you made a bootable USB, did you try to run Kali in live mode on this machine?
    done that already, hash is valid

This is a problem with your graphic drivers. You can disable Nvidia graphic card from BIOS. Then it'll switch to intel HD graphics. Follow this guide to install nvidia graphic drivers: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...Optimus-laptop

Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    This is a problem with your graphic drivers. You can disable Nvidia graphic card from BIOS. Then it'll switch to intel HD graphics. Follow this guide to install nvidia graphic drivers: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...Optimus-laptop
    First of all,
    This Asus does not have the option to disable pcie graphics card.
    Secondly, after I worte lspci | grep -E "VGA|3D" in tty3 didn't find any graphics card.