Hey there!
So I am new here but very much a computer enthusiast. I have been dealing with the upcoming issue for more than 6 days now and I am starting to claw my eyes out. I am becoming ever confused, desperate and most of all annoyed because every time I get something right, it's broken down again. Alright, onto the issue.

I am running windows 10 on an MSI laptop and I have gotten sick of windows which I reluctantly use for some windows only applications that I need in live. I decided I wanted to start using Linux more because it appeals more to me. I started experimenting with Kali Linux since most of my books use Kali as a distro for pentesting. So I got a sandisk 16 GB 3.0 usb and used diskpart to convert it to GPT, format it to FAT32 and then used 7zip to extract the most recent Kali Linux ISO to the USB. I got into BIOS, turned off fast boot and secure boot, set the boot settings so that it would boot from usb first and then the windows disks. So far so good. I grab my external Seagate 1TB HDD and plug it in. Then I boot my USB in with the extracted ISO. Restart computer and press F11 to go into boot settings. I select my UEFI USB with the ISO and boot into it. The Kali menu shows up and asks me to boot into live, install the system etc. Cool! So far so good. I go into advanced settings to do the graphical install. Selecting all necessary options. Then comes the hard drive partitioning. My seagate shows up. Nice. I select it and want to have a seperate /home, /var and /temp partition. ERROR: /var partition is offset by 3584 bytes and how this can screw your performance up. But it shows instructions on how to fix it so I follow those. However the instructions are fruitless and I am clueless on how to fix it. But whatever I decide to throw all in one single partition and it shows no errors now. Ok. So the system is getting installed on the hard disk. Once done I reboot, press F11 again and boot into the available kali seagate option! Awesome! I have actually gotten kali to work from an external hard drive on my laptop! It isnt slow it runs smooth and everything works!

Now this is where things get f*cking weird....

I turn my laptop off.... boot into windows one last time..... shutdown the computer.... take out the external usb hdd after the light switched off. Next day I wanted to start my new lovely kali linux... I put in the external hard drive, and turn on the system. I press F11 and..... there is no option to select the hard drive. The option I had the day before is gone. Diskmgmt on Windows 10 shows the partitions and all that but I cant boot into it. HOW COME?! How come that I could boot into that harddrive right after installation finished and even download wallpapers and then after SAFELY unplugging it, it is not to be found in the boot manager?! Please help me! Even the local computer store people dont know what happened and changing from UEFI to Legacy in BIOS doesn't change it!