Thread: Is this a good setup ?

Is this a good setup ?

Hi there, I'm looking to buy a tablet/dongle for wifi pentests, to use along with nethunter and I'm having trouble to understand what is really compatible and what is not.

I found the compatibility list and chose to go for a nexus tablet (nvidia shield is quite expensive for me). Does anyone have a nethunter on a nexus7/9 tablet ? I want to go for a nexus 9 tablet and want to be sure that it is fully compatible with nethunter.

I already have an alfa rabbit wifi antenna with RT3070 chipset which is supposed to be supported.

Does it sound to be a good setup for you ?

Cheers
    Last edited by bolexxx; 2017-08-19 at 13:39. Reason: link removed

It looks like Flounder is indeed supported:

Code:
    https://build.nethunter.com/release/nougat/?C=M&O=D

Thanks for the answer, what is flounder ? I found a nexus 9 tablet on amazon but it says android lollipop only, is it a problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by almandin View Post
    what is flounder ?
    It's a pleasure you allow me to google that for you

Flounder is a codename for Nexus 9 just like Bacon is the codename for OnePlus One and Mako the codename for Nexus 4.

Lollipop is fine. Phreya mentions that there is even support for Nougat.
    Quote Originally Posted by almandin View Post
    I want to go for a nexus 9 tablet and want to be sure that it is fully compatible with nethunter.
    I guess you know the nethunter devices' page?

With its optional keyboard cover accessory, the Nexus 9 becomes close to the perfect platform available for Kali NetHunter. The size of a typical EBook reader, you have a a device that features WiFi and LTE versions with a physical keyboard, allowing for an easier to read screen.
    The developers say 'the Nexus 9 becomes close to the perfect platform'. Trust them

Nethunter isn't as convenient as Kali Rolling. The Nexus 9 isn't a pocket device. A Lenovo Helix 2 or a Dell Venue 11 7140 with Kali Rolling could be an alternative. Nethunter is great but you won't find Nethunter Tutorials out there.
    Last edited by mstrmnn; 2017-08-21 at 13:20.

Thx for your detailed response, it was not that clear for me when I googled it (yep I did before asking).

The Nexus 9 isn't a pocket device
    I am not looking in a pocket device but definitely for a good tablet so it's perfect for me

Thank you for your help, I guess the topic is closed, I'll go for that setup, not sure if I will buy additionnal keyboard cover and other stuff, it can quickly go quite expensive

Thank you again :-)

Finally received the tablet, now I'm getting trouble setting the environment up :/