Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: No network in Network Manager, Cant connect to wifi. But airodump-ng working

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    How's it going, then, Nivla?
    Any luck then?
    (Letting us know the outcome helps other people who run into the same problem).
    Did your wifi drop our after you used a particular program (say, airodump?), or did it just not work one day when you booted up?
    You might find a workaround by uninstalling & reinstalling the modules, or you might fix it by dist-upgrading and installing the newest driver.
    Do keep us updated if you can.
    Cheers.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2
    The same problem here, but i would like to inform you :

    1- after installation wifi turned off and i can't turn it on.
    2- i folllow some solutions, i solved the problem and "Wifi ON" and i can connect.
    3- the wifi still connected 1 hours max, and suddenly connection lost but icon appear "connected".
    4- i turned off wifi, then turned it on and I try connect to network = laoding... connection failed
    reboot the system > wifi connected to network > after 30 minutes : 1 hours > suddenly connection lost ...

    really we need help (i have the same laptop Lenovo Legion Y520 / and the same realtek rtl8821ae)

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2
    the problem is not a kali linux related problem, it is a debian problem.

    I just found 2 solution until this moment :

    1- using a wifi usb adapter : http://www.wirelesshack.org/best-kal...gles-2016.html

    2- when connection lost :
    2.1- unload the module : sudo modprobe -r rtl8821ae
    2.2- load the module : sudo modprobe rtl8821ae
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-09-15 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Merge posts

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ptpi View Post
    How's it going, then, Nivla?
    Any luck then?
    (Letting us know the outcome helps other people who run into the same problem).
    Did your wifi drop our after you used a particular program (say, airodump?), or did it just not work one day when you booted up?
    You might find a workaround by uninstalling & reinstalling the modules, or you might fix it by dist-upgrading and installing the newest driver.
    Do keep us updated if you can.
    Cheers.
    So Ive been fixing it for the past week and found out , my wifi works after i delete kali in my laptop and dual boot it again but there is still some bugs.

    Airodump or wash or aireplay only works like for a particular time and it stops.

    Normally airodump it shows the networks near you right and then suddenly it started to stop randomly and the networks slowly dissapear one by one until nothing is left.

    Then i need to do ipconfig wlan0mon down to restart it again and it works fine again .
    So the thing is I need to keep typing ifconfig wlan0mon down to keep it working when capturing data.Help?
    Last edited by Nivla; 2017-09-18 at 05:16 PM.

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayrem View Post
    the problem is not a kali linux related problem, it is a debian problem.

    I just found 2 solution until this moment :

    1- using a wifi usb adapter : http://www.wirelesshack.org/best-kal...gles-2016.html

    2- when connection lost :
    2.1- unload the module : sudo modprobe -r rtl8821ae
    2.2- load the module : sudo modprobe rtl8821ae
    Did you dual booted it?
    Because I fixed mine by unistalling and deleting everything and dual booting it again.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    /dev/sda
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivla View Post
    I fixed mine by unistalling and deleting everything and dual booting it again.
    and blacklisting the driver

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    my wifi works after i delete kali in my laptop and dual boot it again
    I'm not sure what you mean by this ...can you explain more clearly?
    Some drivers are just 'buggy', you might need to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the module (or bringing the interface down then up again) to keep it working.
    Or try regularly checking and installing the latest driver -that might be your best bet.

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ptpi View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this ...can you explain more clearly?
    Some drivers are just 'buggy', you might need to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the module (or bringing the interface down then up again) to keep it working.
    Or try regularly checking and installing the latest driver -that might be your best bet.
    I mean i deleted the whole kali linux partition in my laptop and dual booted it over again.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    /dev/sda
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivla View Post
    I mean i deleted the whole kali linux partition in my laptop and dual booted it over again.
    You also blacklisted the ideapad_laptop module. Didn't you? Why are you not mentioning that?

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    You also blacklisted the ideapad_laptop module. Didn't you? Why are you not mentioning that?
    Yeah I did ,sorry I forgot to mention it .
    I thought you already helped me to cover it.
    Sorry ya

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •