Thread: Grub-Customizer 5.0.6 in Kali-Linux 2017.1

Question Grub-Customizer 5.0.6 in Kali-Linux 2017.1

I'm trying to install grub-customizer on Kali-Linux 2017.1 64 Bits and always stop at the error below:
    Code:
    root@s0me1:~/Downloads/grub-customizer_5.0.6/grub-customizer-5.0.6# cmake . && make -j3
    -- Checking for module 'gtkmm-3.0'
    --   Found gtkmm-3.0, version 3.22.2
    -- Checking for module 'gthread-2.0'
    --   Found gthread-2.0, version 2.54.0
    -- Checking for module 'openssl'
    --   Found openssl, version 1.1.0f
    -- Checking for module 'libarchive'
    --   Found libarchive, version 3.2.2
    -- Configuring done
    -- Generating done
    -- Build files have been written to: /root/Downloads/grub-customizer_5.0.6/grub-customizer-5.0.6
    Scanning dependencies of target grub-customizer
    Scanning dependencies of target grubcfg-proxy
    [ 12%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/grubcfg-proxy.dir/src/main/proxy.cpp.o
    [ 25%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/grub-customizer.dir/src/main/client.cpp.o
    [ 37%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/grub-customizer.dir/src/Bootstrap/GtkView.cpp.o
    In file included from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/containerhandle_shared.h:23:0,
                     from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/arrayhandle.h:21,
                     from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm.h:92,
                     from /usr/include/gtkmm-3.0/gtkmm.h:87,
                     from /root/Downloads/grub-customizer_5.0.6/grub-customizer-5.0.6/src/Bootstrap/../View/Gtk/About.hpp:23,
                     from /root/Downloads/grub-customizer_5.0.6/grub-customizer-5.0.6/src/Bootstrap/GtkView.cpp:18:
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2012:24: error: ‘std::index_sequence’ has not been declared
                       std::index_sequence<Is...>)
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2012:38: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token
                       std::index_sequence<Is...>)
                                          ^
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h: In static member function ‘static Glib::Variant<std::tuple<_Tps ...> > Glib::Variant<std::tuple<_Tps ...> >::create(const std::tuple<_Tps ...>&)’:
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2030:45: error: ‘index_sequence_for’ is not a member of ‘std’
       detail::expand_tuple(variants, data, std::index_sequence_for<Types...>{});
                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2030:69: error: expected primary-expression before ‘...’ token
       detail::expand_tuple(variants, data, std::index_sequence_for<Types...>{});
                                                                         ^~~
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h: At global scope:
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2073:71: error: ‘std::index_sequence’ has not been declared
     void assign_tuple(std::vector<VariantBase> &variants, Tuple & t, std::index_sequence<Is...>)
                                                                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2073:85: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token
     void assign_tuple(std::vector<VariantBase> &variants, Tuple & t, std::index_sequence<Is...>)
                                                                                         ^
    In file included from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/containerhandle_shared.h:23:0,
                     from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/arrayhandle.h:21,
                     from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm.h:92,
                     from /usr/include/gtkmm-3.0/gtkmm.h:87,
                     from /root/Downloads/grub-customizer_5.0.6/grub-customizer-5.0.6/src/Bootstrap/../View/Gtk/About.hpp:23,
                     from /root/Downloads/grub-customizer_5.0.6/grub-customizer-5.0.6/src/Bootstrap/GtkView.cpp:18:
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h: In member function ‘std::tuple<_Tps ...> Glib::Variant<std::tuple<_Tps ...> >::get() const’:
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2095:45: error: ‘index_sequence_for’ is not a member of ‘std’
       detail::assign_tuple(variants, data, std::index_sequence_for<Types...>{});
                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2095:69: error: expected primary-expression before ‘...’ token
       detail::assign_tuple(variants, data, std::index_sequence_for<Types...>{});
                                                                         ^~~
    [ 50%] Linking CXX executable grubcfg-proxy
    [ 50%] Built target grubcfg-proxy
    [ 62%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/grub-customizer.dir/src/Bootstrap/GtkApplication.cpp.o
    CMakeFiles/grub-customizer.dir/build.make:86: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/grub-customizer.dir/src/Bootstrap/GtkView.cpp.o' failed
    make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/grub-customizer.dir/src/Bootstrap/GtkView.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[2]: ** Esperando que outros processos terminem.
    CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/grub-customizer.dir/all' failed
    make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/grub-customizer.dir/all] Error 2
    Makefile:129: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    I'm following the steps in the README file that comes inside the compressed folder of the installer.

The first error "/usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/variant.h:2012:24: error: ‘std::index_sequence’ has not been declared" reads like a coding problem in variant.h to me. Might be a newer version that corrects the problem. If not, I'd report it to whomever develops grub-customizer.

I also think that's it.
    I have already uninstalled the old versions and installed the latest ones and still have this error.
    I'll send the log to the developer.
    Thank you!

I contacted the developer, and he said it was referring to the minimal version of C ++ used by G ++.
    He told me the following:

-----
    You can fix this by opening the file "CMakeLists.txt" and replacing:
    "-std=c++11" by "-std=c++14".

and I have to find a general solution.

----

All right now!
    The tip is for the forum.

Glad you got it working and thanks for posting the fix