First of all, before replying please read everything until the end. I am using a Dell Inspiron 3537 laptop and I am running the Kali Linux live from USB (encrypted persistence). (I have installed on the laptop an Ubuntu and a Windows, on a dual boot mode, but I do not think that this has to do anything with my problems).

(Before anybody misunderstands something: I ONLY WANT TO USE WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION TO BROWSE THE INTERNET WITHOUT ETHERNET CABLE, I AM NOT TRYING TO USE MONITOR MODE OR THE INJECTION.)

My 1. problem is that I can not see any "wireless-network connection" possibilities in the network manager (it is like I would not have a wireless card or driver installed).
I read on google that people who have to use BCM43xxx drivers are having compatibilty problems with Debian (of course this includes Kali too).
Now there is a method for making it work(source: https://wiki.debian.org/wl#Broadcom_...vices_.28wl.29) BUT I GOT STUCK THERE TOO (TO READ WHERE I GOT STUCK SCROLL DOWN UNTIL THE BOLDED "!!!!!!!!!!!!" LINE).
Bluetooth does not works either, BUT there is a button in the network manager to switch on and off but nothing happens when I turn on. (I am only mentioning in order to give as much information as I can, but I do not care about using bluetooth.)

I read the "Troubleshooting Wireless Drivers -1. No Interface" section on Kali's official page and I still could not find an answer:

1.Yes, it's a wireless card.
2.It is integrated (so it is "plugged in").
3.After running lsusb:
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 0bda:58c2 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 0bda:0129 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTS5129 Card Reader Controller
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0a5c:21d7 Broadcom Corp. BCM43142 Bluetooth 4.0
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0781:5583 SanDisk Corp.
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Now I am not sure if in the "Broadcom Corp. BCM43142 Bluetooth 4.0" it is the "wireless" too or just the "bluetooth".

After I run lspci:
*a lot of other lines*
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 8 Series SMBus Controller (rev 04)
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 07)
02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)
03:00.0 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Sun XT [Radeon HD 8670A/8670M/8690M / R5 M330 / M430] (rev ff)

There is the "Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)". (maybe an interesting thing that on the Ubuntu for lspci it gives the same Network controller name just the "Limited" is replaced with "Corporation").

I UPDATED BOTH OF THEM AND THERE WAS NO CHANGE!

After the run of dmesg I only errors I found is:
[ 24.804051] bluetooth hci0: firmware: failed to load brcm/BCM.hcd (-2)
[ 24.805262] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM.hcd failed with error -2
[ 24.806527] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: Patch brcm/BCM.hcd not found
[ 26.814627] Bluetooth: hci0 command 0x1003 tx timeout

(I do not know if this has to do anything with my wireless connection to the internet. My main problem is that I can't use of internet without ethernet, I do not really care about the bluetooth).

4.As far as I know booting from an USB and using a live OS does not counts as a VM (correct me if I am wrong).
5.To install "compact-wireless" there is a requirement (having the kernel headers for the kernel you're currently running) which, if you read the part after the bolded "!!!!!!" line, you will see it is the same problem why I can not make

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The method for making BCM43142 work is the following:

# apt-get update
# apt-get install linux-image-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,') linux-headers-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,') broadcom-sta-dkms

# modprobe -r b44 b43 b43legacy ssb brcmsmac bcma

# modprobe wl

apt-get update works fine.

Then comes "apt-get install linux-image-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,')";
-the only fail is:
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64
WARNING: Setting CRYPTSETUP in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Use /etc/cryptsetup-initramfs/conf-hook instead.
cryptsetup: WARNING: failed to detect canonical device of overlay
cryptsetup: WARNING: could not determine root device from /etc/fstab
live-boot: core filesystems devices utils udev wget blockdev ftpfs dns.

-but I do not think that this has to do anything with my problem because the new image (4.12.0-kali2-amd64 [installed version & latest version: 4.12.12-2kali1]) is installed with succes (I see it "green" in the "Synaptic Package Manager" named program).

After that comes the "apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,') ":
-does not give any fail or error message, after the code runs a new header file is installed, (the 4.12.0-kali2-amd64 [installed version & latest version: 4.12.12-2kali1]) ((I see this one too being "green" in the "Synaptic Package Manager" named program)

THE MAIN PROBLEM IN MY OPINION IS THE NEXT ONE: I HAVE INSTALLED A NEW IMAGE AND HEADER FILE (the 4.12.0-kali2-amd64 [installed version & latest version: 4.12.12-2kali1]) BUT THE CURRENT KERNEL VERSION THAT THE KALI IS USING IT IS THE 4.12.0-kali1-amd64 [installed version & latest version: 4.12.6-1kali6] (I know by running uname -r and when trying to delete the package from "Synaptic Package Manager" it gives me the error message that the Kernel is using the package, while the 4.12.0-kali2-amd64 version can be deleted without any problems or error messages). AND I COULD NOT FIND OLD HEADER FILES TO THE 4.12.0-kali1-amd64 VERSION OF KALI (IF SOMEBODY KNOWS WHERE I COULD FIND, LINK IT PLEASE).

And now should come the "apt-get install broadcom-sta-dkms", which is a total mess and I can not figure out what is the problem:
*everything looks fine until...*
Setting up dkms (2.3-3) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.6.1-2) ...
Setting up broadcom-sta-dkms (6.30.223.271-7) ...
Loading new broadcom-sta-6.30.223.271 DKMS files...
Building for 4.12.0-kali1-amd64 4.12.0-kali2-amd64
Module build for kernel 4.12.0-kali1-amd64 was skipped since the
kernel headers for this kernel does not seem to be installed.
Building initial module for 4.12.0-kali2-amd64
Done.

wl:
Running module version sanity check.
- Original module
- No original module exists within this kernel
- Installation
- Installing to /lib/modules/4.12.0-kali2-amd64/updates/dkms/

depmod...

Backing up initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64 to /boot/initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64.old-dkms
Making new initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64
(If next boot fails, revert to initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64.old-dkms image)
update-initramfs.............(bad exit status: 1)

-------- Uninstall Beginning --------
Module: broadcom-sta
Version: 6.30.223.271
Kernel: 4.12.0-kali2-amd64 (x86_64)
-------------------------------------

Status: Before uninstall, this module version was ACTIVE on this kernel.

wl.ko:
- Uninstallation
- Deleting from: /lib/modules/4.12.0-kali2-amd64/updates/dkms/
- Original module
- No original module was found for this module on this kernel.
- Use the dkms install command to reinstall any previous module version.

depmod...

Backing up initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64 to /boot/initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64.old-dkms
Making new initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64
(If next boot fails, revert to initrd.img-4.12.0-kali2-amd64.old-dkms image)
update-initramfs...........(bad exit status: 1)
Warning: There was a problem remaking your initrd. You must manually remake it
before booting into this kernel.

DKMS: uninstall completed.
Error! Problems with mkinitrd detected. Automatically uninstalling this module.
DKMS: Install Failed (mkinitrd problems). Module rolled back to built state.
dpkg: error processing package broadcom-sta-dkms (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 7
Errors were encountered while processing:
broadcom-sta-dkms
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

After this error code I do not think that the next following 2 commands would have to work or do anything useful.
Now if I am right, and the problem is that the current verison of Kernel that I am using does not have header files, then give me please the answer on how to switch to the newly installed kernel version of Kali 4.12.0-kali2-amd64, because I tried rebooting a several times and it will keep booting in the 4.12.0-kali1-amd64 version everytime.

Thanks for any help.