Thread: UEFI: Best way to achieve dual boot ie Windows and kali combo

1. UEFI: Best way to achieve dual boot ie Windows and kali combo

What's the best way to install DVD iso and end up with dual boot machine with Kali/Windows 8.1 on a UEFI computer?
    When I switch on the computer I want it to offer me the choice of Win or Kali on start up, I don't have that right now. instead,
    at the moment for Kali to start up I need to revert to legacy bios otherwise Kali won't start.

Has anyone in all these years achieved that using a DVD iso for UEFI computer?
    Last edited by Make Kali Great Again; 2017-10-04 at 05:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Make Kali Great Again View Post
    at the moment for Kali to start up I need to revert to legacy bios otherwise Kali won't start.
    It's because you have installed kali in Legacy BIOS. It was unnecessary to switch your PC boot mode to Legacy BIOS without knowing what it is actually used for.

Kali rolling supports UEFI just like Windows. Just create bootable USB and choose graphical install.

Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    It's because you have installed kali in Legacy BIOS. It was unnecessary to switch your PC boot mode to Legacy BIOS without knowing what it is actually used for.

Kali rolling supports UEFI just like Windows. Just create bootable USB and choose graphical install.
    Make sure to disable secure boot. This should allow you to boot kali with uefi.